Loud Fan and Gauge Flucuation

Skengman

LVC Member
Reaction score
So the other day my 04 V8 started spewing coolant. Took it in to a shop where they told me I needed an O-Ring on the thermostat housing replaced. They went ahead and replaced it for me along with a flush and all that.

So after I pick it up I drove it around a little bit and notice my fan on the engine is now blowing very hard and loud which I was not doing before this. And today after work driving it home the temp gauge read at 3/4 for a few minutes before it finally dropped back to horizontal and once again the fan isn’t still blowing very hard.

What would be causing this?

sounds like the car is still overheating... either they didn't bleed the coolant system properly or that O-ring was not the problem/

So the other day my 04 V8 started spewing coolant. Took it in to a shop where they told me I needed an O-Ring on the thermostat housing replaced. They went ahead and replaced it for me along with a flush and all that.

So after I pick it up I drove it around a little bit and notice my fan on the engine is now blowing very hard and loud which I was not doing before this. And today after work driving it home the temp gauge read at 3/4 for a few minutes before it finally dropped back to horizontal and once again the fan isn’t still blowing very hard.

What would be causing this?
What does the level read in your degas bottle? Have you tried bleeding the coolant system properly...I'm trying to help but you must not have looked at threads on the Lincoln LS coolant system because the bleeding procedure is in at least dozen threads....you must follow the procedure completely and then you may have to do it again until all air is out of this sealed pressurized system...at the final stage the coolant from the bleeder will have a steady little stream of coolant coming through it...and yes it's very obvious if you in fact have air in the system because you will actual see the coolant burping and the coolant stream will not be consistent...by the way there was/is a YouTube video on this ...I think the kid was showing a V6 but it gives you a pretty good idea on how to bleed the system...by the way the V6 if I'm not mistaken has two bleeders our V8 3.9 only has one...and if you feel that the shop owes you some cash back for not bleeding it properly ...I suggest calling them on their incompetence and having them fix this or getting some of the money back from the flush

Yes. Also, I note the use of the word "most" instead of "all."

If the fan runs loud, it is overheating. Mine did it for years before chucking the stupid thermostat in the trash and retrofitting an old 195` 390 FE one I had floating around. Took three thermostats and two housings before chucking it.

Blown 4.2 in my '07 XKR uses an aluminum housing and the T stat works better except for the rubber coming off and causing it to stick too. At least the spring doesn't blow the plastic tab off the housing wall like the LS' did.

Yeah... it's overheating still. Could be improper bleed... but more than likely you have another leak. Simple matter of weakest link in the chain. Seal one spot... and another shows up. By the gauge fluctuation,,, that means alot of air in the system with intermittent coolant flow. Don't keep driving it that way.

Might want to check the radiator around the upper hose, (and back side). I'll give Joe credit for that one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back