Precious 98 Conti meets a deer....

eightiesgod

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am sooooo sad, my beautiful car is a beauty no more. When it happened I seemed to drift off in a shocked emulsification. I just pulled over afterwards and about had a stroke on the spot from the grief.

It was impossible not to hit the creature unless I was going to crash into the car driving next to me as soon as I crossed the Ohio/PA border on route 51. The deer was caught in the middle road barrier and decided to try and get back to the woods when I was cruising on by.

I am sad because I want my car back but am nervous because of the age of the vehicle. Anyone deal with insurance on this issue? Any ideas or tips are much appreciated. She was/is a grand cruiser with hopefully many, many, many more miles to go...the sideview mirror is gone too....
IMG_20171112_175122938.jpg
IMG_20171112_184440771.jpg
IMG_20171112_184428686.jpg
20150829_175933.jpg

Wow – that’s some real bad luck.
But more important is that all the humans are OK – the car can be fixed.

I don’t know what the insurance company will do or say, but just looking at the pics, it looks to me to be quite repairable.
The problem area most likely will be the door frame/hinge area.
Ask around and see if anyone you know has had any experiences with the local auto body/repair shops.
Get their input - see what they say about the damage, and if they have any creative ideas on how you can repair and keep the car.

I hope it all works out for you – your Continental appears to be in very good condition.
It would be a shame to lose it.

:)My car was repairable and from the great suggestions from an email I received from a super contributor from this forum I went to Terry Johnson Autobody and was taken care of with a great, great repair. I was very happy with the outcome and attention I was given....thanks Ray.....:)

:)My car was repairable and from the great suggestions from an email I received from a super contributor from this forum I went to Terry Johnson Autobody and was taken care of with a great, great repair. I was very happy with the outcome and attention I was given....thanks Ray.....:)

Yes sir, I'm glad it worked out in the end for you!

Members online

No members online now.
Back