Manual Trans Owner in Need of Parts!

Mr.Ligon

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Recently I purchased a 2001 lincoln Ls with manual transmission, and the shifter is in desperate need of bushings. The only problem is I cannot find the part or the part number for bushings. My mechanic couldn't find it and the dealerships don't carry it. I was wondering if anyone had any had a similar experience and knew either where to find the part number/part or how to make a bushing for it.

Hey man, have a 2000 Lincoln LS 5spd manual and I'm selling it for $3k. It has 157k if you're interested you can buy mine and use it for parts. Also check rockauto. They carry many parts others don't.

IMG_1049.JPG

Hey man, have a 2000 Lincoln LS 5spd manual and I'm selling it for $3k. It has 157k if you're interested you can buy mine and use it for parts. Also check rockauto. They carry many parts others don't.

View attachment 828567978
Good looking car and it would be a wise investment if I had the money. However, I just need the bushings everything else is fine with the car. Just checked rockauto I don't think they have what I'm looking for, thank you though!

Hey look I been with out my Ls for damn near a year. I replaced clutch forgot a coupling bolt and lost the EFF N Shift assembly and have been searching for a whole assembly my self. You are going to have to fabricate a part idk only shit comparable to it is a bmw . Im yet to achievement my goal so I continue to search but reality is the only way either of US s LS ARE GOING TO SURVIVE IS BUY BA HAMARKS AND IM WAITING FOR A REPLY CUZ IM NOT HUMMING THIS CAR IT IS LUXURY RARE VEHICLE .

I have a couple local offers at $3k but I wanted to post it to the forum so that someone who really needs the LS 5spd would get their hands on it instead of someone who knows nothing about it. In that case if we can get anything done at $3000 I'd be glad to sell it to you

Hey look I been with out my Ls for damn near a year. I replaced clutch forgot a coupling bolt and lost the EFF N Shift assembly and have been searching for a whole assembly my self. You are going to have to fabricate a part idk only shit comparable to it is a bmw . Im yet to achievement my goal so I continue to search but reality is the only way either of US s LS ARE GOING TO SURVIVE IS BUY BA HAMARKS AND IM WAITING FOR A REPLY CUZ IM NOT HUMMING THIS CAR IT IS LUXURY RARE VEHICLE .
I can definitely empathize, my transmission mechanic can't find the bushing and all the Ford dealers keep passing me along. Was kinda hoping the forum could help out. Seems odd there's no aftermarket or at least similar parts out there.

I've got a manual also. Have you tried looking for jaguar s type parts? Essentially the same chassis and drivetrain but they made the car a couple years longer. Might be worth a shot.

I've got a manual also. Have you tried looking for jaguar s type parts? Essentially the same chassis and drivetrain but they made the car a couple years longer. Might be worth a shot.
I second this suggestion. Jaguar sold manuals but only in Europe. Try Terry's Jaguar and if the parts exist they almost certainly can get em for you.

Hey, not to argue but jag did sell manuals here in us. I have 2 people I know that have them. The great thing is they made them in all years (98-2008) so the production numbers should be higher than the ls. Either way parts should be the same.

Hey, not to argue but jag did sell manuals here in us. I have 2 people I know that have them. The great thing is they made them in all years (98-2008) so the production numbers should be higher than the ls. Either way parts should be the same.

Not an argument, useful information. I didnt know that. But you're also saying S-Types were made from 1998 to 2008? I might argue with that. :)

I thought that the model years for the S-type were 2000 to 2008, so made 1999-2007.

Can you elaborate on what bushings you actually need. In the shift lever, the transmission or are you looking for the socket that the sifter sits in?

I have actually been looking to find another shifter or modify my shifter to reduce the throw. Been to UPull a few times and brought some shifters home, but nothing seems to work right. In my opinion, the BMW shifter is the closest I have seen to Lincoln OEM.

Can you elaborate on what bushings you actually need. In the shift lever, the transmission or are you looking for the socket that the sifter sits in?

I have actually been looking to find another shifter or modify my shifter to reduce the throw. Been to UPull a few times and brought some shifters home, but nothing seems to work right. In my opinion, the BMW shifter is the closest I have seen to Lincoln OEM.

The Jaguar parts do look very similar, but I don't suppose anyone can confirm that they are compatible.

As far as I know it's in the shifter lever, I have an insane amount of play in it which you can see here.

Have you gotten underneath the car and looked at the linkage? I suspect that there is something broken there. As far as the shifter goes it is fairly simple. Ball and socket joint that really does not wear out. Then a bushing at the bottom of the shifter that attaches to the linkage. You can lift up the shift boot and there is a larger rubber gasket that that covers the hole in the tunnel. Can't remember if that is above or below the ball and socket. But you can pull the gasket back and see what is happening there. It might give you some insight.
105_0166.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back