Alarm System/Keyless Entry or what???

MsM8tress

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Hotties, I'm going crazy trying to get Tux right (96 Mark VIII LSC), here's the issue(s):

A few months ago i took Tux to the auto electrician to get his remote features functional (lock doors without alarm going off in 2 minutes) and to see if they could fix the key pad. They did, but told me that a (circuit?? something) by the trunk lock that had to do with the alarm system was preventing fob and keypad from working and couldn't locate another one, but the remote was working and so was key pad when it was disconnected, so we left it disconnected (do not know if that caused the below, if so the below is a late reaction).

Welllll, about a month or so ago, everything that had to do with the security alarm system quit working (no auto seats wont move at all, cabin lights, auto door lock/unlock, horn, cruise, side mirror adjustment, vanity lights, garage door opener, keypad and fob - all quit working), BUT what is weird is the message center stays lite for the 10 min delay even if i open the door. I changed a few fuses in the inside fuse box, they blew immediately. So, Tux is at auto electric place now & they said the circuit in the passenger kickboard (a part of the alarm system i assume) is bad, it keeps heating up, but do not know what is causing it to heat up yet. He called because they are already up to 500.00 and wanted to know if I wanted them to continue....they said it could be 1 grand or more to find out why.

Can anyone shine any light on this to help them pinpoint the issue???

Thanks Hotties!!!
MsM8
posted in audio and electrical also, posted here too because their forum is mostly audio

Last edited:
Well, Charger nailed it, it was the theft module. It didn't look bad, but smelled like radio shack burned down. They couldn't figure out why it blew, but did several tests to make sure the replaced (used 169.00!) one functioned properly...oh well. I striped the entire trunk latch, and electronic wiring as far back as I could get, a good 2 feet from a boneyard Mark, he used it to replace the bad one he disconnected a while ago...maybe that was it.

Thanks Charger!!

Well, Mark VIIIs in yards are hard to find around here. If your wanting to know where the circuit was found, Petty's Auto electric found it - thus the high price.

Ok I was going to say if there were a bunch near you I was going to make a small road trip and take a day to rummage through some yards down there!

Members online

Back