Aluminium Degas Bottle

ÜRO PARTS C2C34318 Coolant Recovery Tank | RockAuto

Get em while you can. These are the Jag S bottles and you can tell. Heavier, solid construction. Sadly Looks like they are disappearing fast. My Mech said he had to adjust the firewall mount tabs a tad, but its working like a charm. Use that C2C number for best price search

If you have to, you can still find the jag Oem just north of 100 bucks.

what C2C number? Ok part # got it...Lets see how much more mileage I get than with the Gorman...I mean I can always pay the homage.

2006 LINCOLN LS 3.9L V8
ÜRO PARTS C2C34318 Coolant Recovery Tank $ 59.79

MOTORCRAFT KM4566 Coolant Recovery Tank Hose $ 39.79
Shipping Ground $ 8.99
Order Total $ 108.57

Last edited:
what C2C number? Ok part # got it...Lets see how much more mileage I get than with the Gorman...I mean I can always pay the homage.

2006 LINCOLN LS 3.9L V8
ÜRO PARTS C2C34318 Coolant Recovery Tank $ 59.79

MOTORCRAFT KM4566 Coolant Recovery Tank Hose $ 39.79
Shipping Ground $ 8.99
Order Total $ 108.57
Looks like the price went up to $72

ÜRO PARTS C2C34318 Coolant Recovery Tank | RockAuto

Get em while you can. These are the Jag S bottles and you can tell. Heavier, solid construction. Sadly Looks like they are disappearing fast. My Mech said he had to adjust the firewall mount tabs a tad, but its working like a charm. Use that C2C number for best price search

If you have to, you can still find the jag Oem just north of 100 bucks.

This is for the Jag S 2002, will it still fit my Gen 2 '06? we'll see

" My Mech said he had to adjust the firewall mount tabs a tad, .....

I have one now, arrived today, feels and looks sturdy. BTW, Grizzlyls (or Joegr), can you be more specific about what mech actually had to do to adapt it to the ls ?

Just an FYI. Dorman revised their degas bottle. It is now made in Taiwan instead of Vietnam. I can tell the mold used is different and the bottle is much better made now. I have been waiting to make a thread on it, but thought I’d share now since this topic is active here.
I will make a thread one of these days with more details. The Vietnam version used to last about 3k miles or 6 months max. The new Taiwan version is doing great so far at 8-9k miles. The container color has not changed much. The old one would yellow rather fast before.

AC293639-4F11-4301-8011-0FBDDE97B7A7.jpeg

18523B30-17D2-4875-BBAF-3525728E5360.jpeg

I wonder if the cap changed too or its the same crap one that gives a lot of people trouble.

Cap seems different as well. I don’t remember if the threads changed as well. Left is the Vietnam cap, right is the new cap that comes with the Taiwan tank.

8F490DEF-D141-4783-8A7B-65C4B30B1FB4.jpeg

Cap seems different as well. I don’t remember if the threads changed as well. Left is the Vietnam cap, right is the new cap that comes with the Taiwan tank.

View attachment 828568179
Visually you can see a difference...what matters is the pressure specs on this different cap...ty for the pics and the start of a informative thread my LS brother

YES. Definitely an overall difference on everything. The reason I didn’t make a thread when I first got it was because I wanted to make sure the new revision is actually an improvement worth purchasing. I didn’t want to give people hope only to find out it fails just as often.

There is one thing we should all be aware of though. The first Taiwan bottle had a defect. The tube where the heater air bleed hose attaches to the bottle was hollow. So that tube was just plugged by a thin wall. It burst after taking it for a test drive. The second bottle, however, had a metal rod as a plug. Haven’t had a problem since. It’s going on 9k miles but only 7 months. So still not a proven revision in my book. Seems promising though. If you buy one, just make sure it has a metal rod plugging the tube.

E455E483-519E-4B21-B089-ABFA08A89290.jpeg

C15BE12D-031F-4E50-9A22-9AD42D3B1749.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is the first Taiwan bottle I got. You can kind of see the tube on the left is hollow and all that is plugging it is a thin wall. Under pressure, that thin wall will fail.
I will create a proper thread in a few months to give further details and a proper review. I figured I would post info on it now though since these are now available from Dorman. Some people might already have them and not know it.

D9459A7F-7D8C-44B0-9279-E56DFFEA0008.png

Last edited:
150 plus shipping. Right now I'm trying to find a machinist to make an aluminum bung so you can use the factory cap. Factory mounting points and internals and whatnot. 3/32 thick 5052 aluminum material.I'll have em pressure tested to about 30psi just for good measure.

WHAT?!?!? Amazing!

Keep us posted. I just replaced mine, so don't count on me for one, but interested in how this plays out.
Aron, if you start selling these, I suggest you start a thread and we sticky it.

Aron, I replied on FB too - but dont check it often. If these get produced, and work out I will buy one. Count me in as a committed purchaser.

Note - I would pay extra to have AN bungs welded to the hose connections as well. I will be upgrading a majority of my plumbing in the future and would rather use threaded connections vs barbs if at all possible. So this tank would work well for that "final" setup.

Thanks!

Members online

Back