Caliper bracket rubbing on rotor

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Lady Luck was on my side with the Master Cylinder component and I was able to bleed the brakes successfully...however I’m in the same deliama that I was in at the start of all these problems ...Caliper bracket is rubbing on rotor ...I’ve researched and found some ppl say it may be due to bad bearings in hub ...any thoughts? I’m unfortunately breaking down with this brake problem and will be bringing it to the stealership on Monday evening if my fellow LS owners can’t steer me in the way to tackle this problem ...just for your information...the scraping is worse when turning left and my dust plates have been removed three months ago when I changed out hub assemblies and lower ball joints ...I thank all my fellow LVC members in advance

Inside part of Caliper bracket on engine side is rubbing on rotor

I've done enough brakes over the years, and it's been long enough since I did the brakes on my Lincoln, that the picture in my mind is a bit fuzzy. It occurs to me that a touch on a snag wheel or a big file might relieve the area?

KS

I've done enough brakes over the years, and it's been long enough since I did the brakes on my Lincoln, that the picture in my mind is a bit fuzzy. It occurs to me that a touch on a snag wheel or a big file might relieve the area?

KS
Funny you say that because I was wondering if that might work...either filing it down or better yet using a grinder on the bracket ...like I said it rubs much worse when turning left than when turning right

KS
Looks like it’s off to the stealership tomorrow another caliper sticking ...and now with the bracket rubbing ...really sucks after doing all the work myself like changing all the shock absorbers, lower ball joints, upper control arms hub assemblies, cooling system, and tons of other stuff from fuel pump, fuel filter, air intake system and tie rods, end links coils and plugs, alternator and now because of ABS brakes I have to wave the white flag and get this car hooked up to scan tool computer...frustrating to say the least

Last edited:
Scan tools look for electric and electronic problems. You may have mechanical problems. It sounds as if that might be the case.

KS

Scan tools look for electric and electronic problems. You may have mechanical problems. It sounds as if that might be the case.

KS
Update....After dropping the car off at shop today th Tech said it may very well be a bad bearing ...will find out next week

KS
The verdict is in it’s a warped knuckle ...after pressing new lower ball joints into the aluminum knuckle it bent/warped the knuckle just enough to now make Caliper bracket rub against rotor

KS
Hey Cam just wanted to tell you ....you were right on the money ...it was mechanical ...found out it was a warped knuckle ...forgot to say thanks for the feedback on this situation...take care

Members online

No members online now.
Back