HID kit and installation instructions

98lincmk7lsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've had a lot of people ask for some info and installation instructions for my HID kits.

This kit is the most complete and the only plug and play solution out there for the 97-98 Lincoln Mark VIII's and the 96 Mark VIII LSC that was originally equipped with HID headlamps.

I'll be updating this later when I get the chance. I just want to get the pictures posted first. Stay tuned...

Here's the kit as it arrives to you. 2 new ballasts, 2 new bulbs, 2 adapter plates, and the modified harnesses. The price is $165 shipped through this forum, or $180 shipped through ebay (due to their fees).

Feel free to contact me through private message on here, or you can email me at lincmk7lsc@aol.com.

IMG_3006.jpg

The new bulbs, 3 different o-rings are included inside the protective bulb cover. You'll need to figure out which o-ring fits the best in your housing, and install it in the groove at the base of the bulb.

IMG_2681.jpg

Separate the bulb cover from the wiring harness that goes through it. You can just twist it slightly to get it to release from the cover.

IMG_2680.jpg

Slide the adapter plates over the wires for the new bulbs and feed the rubber wire grommet through the adapter plates.

IMG_2682.jpg

Push the bulb into the headlight housing. If the correct o-ring is installed, it should fit very snugly into the bulb hole.

IMG_2683.jpg

Slide the adapter plate over the bulb and onto the 3 small stud, and install the 3 nuts that hold it tight.

IMG_2684.jpg

Feed the rubber grommet into the bulb cover as pictured. You may choose to put some RTV sealant on it if you so desire.

IMG_2685.jpg

Lastly, install the bulb cover on the headlight housing and twist it clockwise slightly until it locks into place. Be careful! The nubs on the cover are usually very fragile!

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I need one of these kits today for my 1996 Mark VIII LSC. You say to purchase thru this forum. Should I pm you?

If you use Facebook, look up the Lincoln Mark VIII Enthusiast Community. A large chunk of us are on there, including Jay. It's usually much quicker to get a hold of anyone on there.

I'll let Jay know you posted though, just in case you're not on there.

Thanks Jay for your HID Kit. It works as stated. GREAT JOB. Thanks jbelcourt for your assistance. I have joined you over at Mark VIII Enthusiast Community.

Last edited:
What bulb are you including in your kit? What is the light output? 5000k? How close to the original light output are these? I need to change mine out and might be interested.

What bulb are you including in your kit? What is the light output? 5000k? How close to the original light output are these? I need to change mine out and might be interested.

The bulbs are 9006-style HID bulbs. I use 55w ballasts, and you have the option of choosing 4500k, 5000k, or 6000k color output.

Are there any plug and play conversion kits for 1st gen non hid ?

sure, you would just be using a basic 9005 retrofit kit.
insert bulb into the halogen housing and plug the ballast into the headlight connector. and done.

sure, you would just be using a basic 9005 retrofit kit.
insert bulb into the halogen housing and plug the ballast into the headlight connector. and done.

can you recommend a kit that I don't have to cut any wires and will fit in the stock headlight bezels ?

Hello Jay my name is Mike Sherman I need one of your kits .Could you please let me know how to order one My e-m is mikesherman@usa.com or please call me 941-727-9904, I'm not the greatest on the computer. thanks

I can be reached by email at jay.richmond (at) gmx.com regarding any of the items that I make and sell.

Last edited:
Just to help steer this post back in the right direction... Thanks for your help 98lincmk7lsc with my setup. He helped me with my situation and didn't try to sell me parts I didn't need for my 98 LSC. Turns out all I needed were ballasts and he pointed me in the right direction. Now my low beams are working better than ever and I can drive my car after dark. Thanks again

IMG_20170209_205156.jpg

IMG_20170207_143428.jpg

Just to help steer this post back in the right direction... Thanks for your help 98lincmk7lsc with my setup. He helped me with my situation and didn't try to sell me parts I didn't need for my 98 LSC. Turns out all I needed were ballasts and he pointed me in the right direction. Now my low beams are working better than ever and I can drive my car after dark. Thanks again

View attachment 828486799

View attachment 828486800
Looking good man!!

It's like driving a totally different car after dark, couldn't be happier with it. Thanks again for the help!

A big thank you to Jay for developing this fix for the mark viii. I recently purchased this from him and installed on my '97 Mk viii. It's a simple installation and works great!A big "Hat's Off!" To Jay, this forum, and the LVS forum. Love my Lincoln!

A big thank you to Jay for developing this fix for the mark viii. I recently purchased this from him and installed on my '97 Mk viii. It's a simple installation and works great!A big "Hat's Off!" To Jay, this forum, and the LVS forum. Love my Lincoln!
Thanks!!

I've had a lot of people ask for some info and installation instructions for my HID kits.

This kit is the most complete and the only plug and play solution out there for the 97-98 Lincoln Mark VIII's and the 96 Mark VIII LSC that was originally equipped with HID headlamps.

I'll be updating this later when I get the chance. I just want to get the pictures posted first. Stay tuned...

Here's the kit as it arrives to you. 2 new ballasts, 2 new bulbs, 2 adapter plates, and the modified harnesses. The price is $165 shipped through this forum, or $180 shipped through ebay (due to their fees).

Feel free to contact me through private message on here, or you can email me at lincmk7lsc@aol.com.

View attachment 828470732

The new bulbs, 3 different o-rings are included inside the protective bulb cover. You'll need to figure out which o-ring fits the best in your housing, and install it in the groove at the base of the bulb.

View attachment 828470733

Separate the bulb cover from the wiring harness that goes through it. You can just twist it slightly to get it to release from the cover.

View attachment 828470734

Slide the adapter plates over the wires for the new bulbs and feed the rubber wire grommet through the adapter plates.

View attachment 828470735

Push the bulb into the headlight housing. If the correct o-ring is installed, it should fit very snugly into the bulb hole.

View attachment 828470736

Slide the adapter plate over the bulb and onto the 3 small stud, and install the 3 nuts that hold it tight.

View attachment 828470737

Feed the rubber grommet into the bulb cover as pictured. You may choose to put some RTV sealant on it if you so desire.

View attachment 828470738

Lastly, install the bulb cover on the headlight housing and twist it clockwise slightly until it locks into place. Be careful! The nubs on the cover are usually very fragile!

View attachment 828470739

View attachment 828470732

View attachment 828470733

View attachment 828470734

View attachment 828470735

View attachment 828470736

View attachment 828470737

View attachment 828470738

View attachment 828470739

Members online

Back