air bag light is on code 41 -1997 Continental

bkm48198

New LVC Member
Reaction score
MY Lincoln had been sitting for about 6 months, the battery went dead and now that I fixed the brakes...new master cyld, I have the air bag light on and it gives me a code 41 which I read is ...the right radiator primary crash sensor feed/return circuit is open. My question is where exactly is this sensor located at? Is there anywhere with a pic of this and a diagram of how the wiring runs? Any help would be appreciated

Go on ebay and search for “1997 continental front crash sensors”
You will see what they look like.
Google "1997 lincoln continental front crash sensor location" to see locations.

It’s also a good idea if you are keeping an older car on the road to get a factory service manual.
Especially on a car loaded with bells and whistles like these are.

Again on ebay a CD service manual should run around $10 to $15.
They are worth every penny.

Go on ebay and search for “1997 continental front crash sensors”
You will see what they look like.
Google "1997 lincoln continental front crash sensor location" to see locations.

It’s also a good idea if you are keeping an older car on the road to get a factory service manual.
Especially on a car loaded with bells and whistles like these are.

Again on ebay a CD service manual should run around $10 to $15.
They are worth every penny.
I was hoping a pic might show if it was easier to get to the sensor from under the hood or from under the car, I know what it looks like and have a Chiltons manual but it doesn't show or tell the easiest way to get to the sensor. Since it's not exactly warm outside here in Michigan I'd rather spend as little time as possible getting to it and thought maybe someone else knew what I don't.

Members online

Back