2002 LS V8 Sport Partout

No, I have advance Trac , been in the shop 3 weeks now, $789 later they still can't figure it out, so I thought I'd just replace it all

No, I have advance Trac , been in the shop 3 weeks now, $789 later they still can't figure it out, so I thought I'd just replace it all

All would be several wiring harnesses, ABS module (electronics and hydraulics), vacuum booster, master cylinder, pressure sensors, steering angle sensor, yaw sensor, wheel speed sensors, ... There's a good chance of inducing new problems while swapping all that out. Much cheaper and quicker to properly diagnose it and replace only the defective components. You need a better "shop."

All would be several wiring harnesses, ABS module (electronics and hydraulics), vacuum booster, master cylinder, pressure sensors, steering angle sensor, yaw sensor, wheel speed sensors, ... There's a good chance of inducing new problems while swapping all that out. Much cheaper and quicker to properly diagnose it and replace only the defective components. You need a better "shop."

I definitely agree with that, but I'm tired of the shops, I'm a fairly good machanic , not much on all this computer stuff thro, I just want to get it fixed and doesn't look like I can rely on the shop

I have been waiting for a front bumper skin to come up at pick apart, but maybe I should look at yours. If it is clean and just missing (not broke out) the tow hook section, could you check ball park ship to Glendale CA (91206) ? Probably wont be worth it, not the weight, it will be the size. Slow boat is fine to save.

Is there a way to bypass the advance Trac or disable it

Yes.
What is the specific problem? It should auto disable on any faults any way. Be aware that any of the things that you could do to it would require you to have a good scan tool with the ability to enter calibration mode on the ABS system. This includes your plan to swap all the parts.

I have been waiting for a front bumper skin to come up at pick apart, but maybe I should look at yours. If it is clean and just missing (not broke out) the tow hook section, could you check ball park ship to Glendale CA (91206) ? Probably wont be worth it, not the weight, it will be the size. Slow boat is fine to save.
Looks like shipping via greyhound, which I imagine will not only be the cheapest but also the slowest is about 75 bucks.

Yes.
What is the specific problem? It should auto disable on any faults any way. Be aware that any of the things that you could do to it would require you to have a good scan tool with the ability to enter calibration mode on the ABS system. This includes your plan to swap all the parts.

It keeps going into fail safe mode, the shop said it was the advance Trac module they replaced it and now say they can't reprogram the computer, I have replaced all of the coils and plugs before I took it to shop

Can you take some pics of the interior ? I need a carpet. It can be dark or lite grey or even black. Just no tan lol Let me know how much and after the holidays I will for sure grab it from you.

It keeps going into fail safe mode, the shop said it was the advance Trac module they replaced it and now say they can't reprogram the computer, I have replaced all of the coils and plugs before I took it to shop

Well, this doesn't sound like an AdvanceTrac issue at all.

Fail safe (cooling) happens when the engine overheats. I assume that this is not what you have.

ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) fail safe is probably what you have. It can be caused by many things, and indeed the ABS module is one of those things, but not specifically AdvanceTrac.

ETC failsafe caused by the ABS would really have little symptom in operation, other than the ETC warning. You would still have full throttle response. Is this what you are having? You would also loose the speedometer. Is your speedometer failing?

Alternately, do you have the ETC failsafe mode that is reducing or eliminating throttle response? If you do, then it's not the ABS.

Why do they believe this is related to the ABS (what codes do you have, why are they looking this way instead of any other)? (Surely, they said "ABS" and not "AdvanceTrac.")

Here's my ETC failsafe horror story. My 04 would do this once in a while, and finally it got to where it was pretty much every day. It was the mode that did reduce (almost eliminate) throttle response. You would have to stop and then restart it to continue on. It triggered no useful codes. I eliminated all the common stuff (coils, MAF, vacuum leaks, pedal, ...) I tried disconnecting and cleaning all the electrical connectors involved, and cleaning the throttle body. No change. Finally, I swapped the throttle bodies between my 04 and my 06. My thought was that if the 04 still had ETC failsafe, I would know it was something I was missing on the car. If the 06 now had the ETC failsafe, I would know it actually was the throttle body. Which was it? Neither. It's been about a year now, and there has been no ETC failsafe on either car. It's a mystery to me, but I have happy with the results.

Well, this doesn't sound like an AdvanceTrac issue at all.

Fail safe (cooling) happens when the engine overheats. I assume that this is not what you have.

ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) fail safe is probably what you have. It can be caused by many things, and indeed the ABS module is one of those things, but not specifically AdvanceTrac.

ETC failsafe caused by the ABS would really have little symptom in operation, other than the ETC warning. You would still have full throttle response. Is this what you are having? You would also loose the speedometer. Is your speedometer failing?

Alternately, do you have the ETC failsafe mode that is reducing or eliminating throttle response? If you do, then it's not the ABS.

Why do they believe this is related to the ABS (what codes do you have, why are they looking this way instead of any other)? (Surely, they said "ABS" and not "AdvanceTrac.")

Here's my ETC failsafe horror story. My 04 would do this once in a while, and finally it got to where it was pretty much every day. It was the mode that did reduce (almost eliminate) throttle response. You would have to stop and then restart it to continue on. It triggered no useful codes. I eliminated all the common stuff (coils, MAF, vacuum leaks, pedal, ...) I tried disconnecting and cleaning all the electrical connectors involved, and cleaning the throttle body. No change. Finally, I swapped the throttle bodies between my 04 and my 06. My thought was that if the 04 still had ETC failsafe, I would know it was something I was missing on the car. If the 06 now had the ETC failsafe, I would know it actually was the throttle body. Which was it? Neither. It's been about a year now, and there has been no ETC failsafe on either car. It's a mystery to me, but I have happy with the results.
I

Tha's my problem,no throttle response or nearly none, shut it off and restart fine for awhile then it does it again , I'm not sure why the shop went the way they did except they said that was the code they where getting

Tha's my problem,no throttle response or nearly none, shut it off and restart fine for awhile then it does it again , I'm not sure why the shop went the way they did except they said that was the code they where getting

They are going the wrong way then. This will not be related to the ABS. Have they even read any of the Ford tech notes on this? I must assume not. You really need to find better people.

I agree, I'm bringing it home today, I think I will pull the throttle body and clean it , may try to find a good used one to switch in and see what happens, I might as well waste my money myself instead of the shop wasting it for me

Thanks for the lookup on that. My cover is not bad, just had some rebar rip out the passenger side mount tab, rest is clean. I probably can get one (waiting for silver so don't have to paint) for about 30 bucks so between giving you a bit and shipping I really didn't expect it to work out.

Thanks for the lookup on that. My cover is not bad, just had some rebar rip out the passenger side mount tab, rest is clean. I probably can get one (waiting for silver so don't have to paint) for about 30 bucks so between giving you a bit and shipping I really didn't expect it to work out.
Just let me know if anything changes man

Members online

No members online now.
Back