Oil on coil packs

Mike Pizzuto

LVC Member
Reaction score
Pulled 2 coils out of Mark viii 98 and noticed oil was on them. Would that be a bad valve cover gasket or was the spark plug not put in correctly? Also have misfire on that side

Depends on how much oil was down there. If it was a little I wouldn't be too concerned. That is a sign that the little circular gaskets between the valve cover and head are a little worn. Honestly, if it's not a lot dry them up and check them after a few thousand miles. Was the misfire on one of the cylinders that had oil in it?

Depends on how much oil was down there. If it was a little I wouldn't be too concerned. That is a sign that the little circular gaskets between the valve cover and head are a little worn. Honestly, if it's not a lot dry them up and check them after a few thousand miles. Was the misfire on one of the cylinders that had oil in it?

After rescanning , only a few misfires from cylinder 4,5,6 but a lot on cylinder 1, going to check fuel line under fuel filter looked a bit kinked last time but going to check it when I get the chance. The oil was on the back 2 coils if your lookin at the car from the front on right side where it says "intech V8". Cars running lean on left side, when driving runs real bad

On a side note would a dirty MAF sensor cause car to run lean/rich on bank 1

On a side note would a dirty MAF sensor cause car to run lean/rich on bank 1
If a MAF is faulty it would effect both banks. I bet you dropped that #1 coil. Swap it out with a different cyl and see if the misfire follows.

Members online

No members online now.
Back