My "NEW" 03 LS Build Thread

03PhillyLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just picked this up on Friday.

I posted a few pictures in the "What did you do to your LS Today" Thread, however I will use this as my official build thread.

It is a 2003 w/27k miles I bought off of a gentleman who owns a very reputable Mechanic shop here in the Philadelphia Area. It was his wife's car that she paid cash for in 03 and drove off of the showroom floor. The car is basically brand new, and I love it.

I took the car Saturday to get the windows tinted with 15%, and later this week and next week I have a few more tasteful mods coming for it.

I will keep everyone posted, and i'll be sure to keep it updated with lots of pictures, but for now enjoy!

IMG_5950.JPG

IMG_5951.JPG

IMG_5953.JPG

IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5956.JPG

IMG_5960.JPG

Welcome to LVC!

Absolutely beautiful LS!

Looking forward to your build. You have found a gem for sure.

Detail Number 2

I spent all afternoon with a bunch of little stuff on the car, so i didn't get an opportunity to take it out and get some shots with my Nikon, but I had to snap a few after I got done wiping her down.

Since Saturday:

15% Tint
LED License plate bulbs
Wood Steering Wheel
Wood Shift Knob

I have a couple more smaller things coming for it next week, then we'll see where it goes after that.

Joe

IMG_5974.JPG
IMG_5975.JPG
IMG_5976.JPG
IMG_5977.JPG
IMG_5980.JPG

Nice! Where did you get the license plate LED bulbs? Do they work like stock?
Nice ride!! What do you have in mind for mods?
I picked them up on Ebay for about $2. They look great and work perfect.

Just a few more small mods, nothing too crazy. Im just enjoying it for now, but they should be here by the end of the week so hopefully I will have another update soon!

Thanks guys!

Boring the transmission case and installing steel inserts is a permanent fix.
Servos with o-rings and Teflon sleeves installed are a temporary work around. (Though it is an easier work around, the o-rings will wear out.)

Boring the transmission case and installing steel inserts is a permanent fix.
Servos with o-rings and Teflon sleeves installed are a temporary work around. (Though it is an easier work around, the o-rings will wear out.)
Sounds logical. They come with spares and wonder how long the o-rings will last ? I watched a video of what appeared to be a trans expert saying they were a permanent fix which is where I got the opinion. Steel on steel vs aluminum or rubber I agree with however.

I think they were originally developed for Explorers and Rangers. For those, the transmission does not have to be removed. (Just crawl under there and remove and replace the servos.) That makes them a practical "fix" even if the o-rings have to be replaced every couple of years. (I have no idea how often it would really be.)

Just picked this up on Friday.

I posted a few pictures in the "What did you do to your LS Today" Thread, however I will use this as my official build thread.

It is a 2003 w/27k miles I bought off of a gentleman who owns a very reputable Mechanic shop here in the Philadelphia Area. It was his wife's car that she paid cash for in 03 and drove off of the showroom floor. The car is basically brand new, and I love it.

I took the car Saturday to get the windows tinted with 15%, and later this week and next week I have a few more tasteful mods coming for it.

I will keep everyone posted, and i'll be sure to keep it updated with lots of pictures, but for now enjoy!

View attachment 828567247

View attachment 828567248

View attachment 828567249

View attachment 828567250

View attachment 828567251

View attachment 828567252
Wow! What a Gem! Showroom clean my friend! You’re doing mods on a turn-key this is a really beautiful LS!

Members online

No members online now.
Back