2004 LS V8 auxiliary water pump?

donnie

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So im having a issue with blowing fuse #1 in the junction box under the hood. I tested the a/c clutch coil and not getting any grounding, so that seems good. so i replaced the 10amp fuse to try to figure out the problem. I let the car warm up and fuse is still good. a/c started working properly and all. no problems. Drove to work and on my way in fuse popped again when i went to adjust my a/c temp from 60 to about 72. I got to work and didnt have a 10 amp fo i put a 15 amp (yes i know never do more then recommended, my F.u.) car was off never turned back on yet, was doing some research online to get ideas. But after like 5-10 min noticed smoke coming out from behind grill. so i popped the hood and pulled the fuse and looked down and looks like its coming from the auxiliary water pump area. since this part controls heat to the cabin with me turning temp up a little popped the fuse if its bad. (im assuming) question is has anyone had this issue before? before i go and start replacing everything the fuse 1 controls

Never put a bigger fuse in. You may now have wiring damage and damage to the DATC!

Anyway, it's more likely that you have the common problem rather than an uncommon one. This would be that your DCCV is shorting out due to coolant leaking into the solenoid coil(s). (Yes, it could be the aux pump, but...)

Never put a bigger fuse in. You may now have wiring damage and damage to the DATC!

Anyway, it's more likely that you have the common problem rather than an uncommon one. This would be that your DCCV is shorting out due to coolant leaking into the solenoid coil(s). (Yes, it could be the aux pump, but...)

Yea I know better but was trying to figure out the issue. I can only cross my fingers that there is no wire damage. But I personally haven’t heard anyone talk about the six having a shorting problem before but I’m definitely going to replace it first. Thank you for your response

Members online

Back