For Sale 1990 Mark VII LSC - 38k Original Miles

woody13

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
FOR SALE: 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC with 38k original miles.

$9500.00 OBO

This is a beautiful rust free Southern California Mark VII that draws attention where ever I drive it. I purchased it with 27k miles in 2011 from the second owner. The second owner, who was a contractor, obtained the car from the original owner when he noticed it sitting at a customer's home. He owned it for about 6 months, didn't really drive and then sold it to me.

When I bought it, the black paint was frosty on the top surfaces, the front air bags were leaking, the original Goodyear tires were still on the car and dangerously dry, and overdrive in the transmission was burned up (missing bushing). The interior was in fabulous shape, the body was perfectly straight, there was no rust and the engine ran very well.

Within the first 6 months of buying the car, I de-trimmed the entire car (including removing all the glass, prepped the body and had it painted with very high quality paint (Spies Hecker). I changed over nearly all the chrome to black. The mirrors, grill, and bumpers were painted. The window trim and lower body side moldings were powder coated. The tail light trim was painted. By the way, the lower body side molding are the smooth stainless steel pieces from a Bill Blass model that were powder coated black. They look much cleaner than the original heavy rubber/chrome moldings that I always thought they too looked similar to Chevy truck moldings.

I acquired a set of the larger head rests, had them upholstered to match and installed them. The original Ford C.D. did not work and I installed a high end Alpine head unit. The rest of the stereo system (amplifier and speakers) is original and sounds fantastic. Under the hood, I removed the inner fender silencer, swapped out the restrictive intake tube for one from a T-Bird and bumped the ignition timing to 14 degrees. Out back, I had the tail pipes after the mufflers replaced with 2.5" pipes. They are topped off with polished stainless steel tips that look very similar to a Mustang LX 5.0 tail pipes. I left the rest of the exhaust including headers, catalytic converters and muffler stock. The exhaust now has a nice subtle V8 exhaust rumble at idle and upon acceleration, you can hear the growl of the engine and the exhaust in equal amounts.

I replaced the front air bags with the proper LSC units and the struts and shocks with OEM pieces. I swapped out the original wheels for those from a 1994 Mustang Cobra. Tire size is 235/55/17 Goodyear RS-A. The back windows are tinted with top shelf 3M ceramic tint. The original brake rotors were re-surfaced and Wagner Quiet Stop Ceramic pads were used. I lowered the car slightly via the suspension height sensors and had the car properly aligned. The transmission was professionally rebuilt to stock specs, with the exception of the torque converter. I used a 2200 RPM stall converter, and the car now launches a just a bit harder. The throttle bushing for the trans cable is now brass and will not fail or fall out.

All in all, this is an outstanding low mile, rust free California Mark VII. The modifications I have made to the car are sensible, subtle and carefully thought out. They noticeably increased performance but did not make the car finicky drive in any way. Cosmetically, the car now looks (in my opinion) the way Lincoln should have originally built the car.

Interested parties can message me for more photos and details. The car is located in Banning, CA.

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas to all!!!!

IMAG2115.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG1471.jpg

IMAG1477.jpg

IMAG2126.jpg

IMAG2139.jpg

IMAG2131.jpg

IMAG2136.jpg

IMAG2130.jpg

IMAG2142.jpg

Members online