Clean mark 8 needs cpr(air in its veins)

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Its been many months since I wrote about the air ride that went flat. My mk8 is sitting next to my garage on its frame. A ford tech told me there is a way to disconnect one of the air lines to allow me to inflate all the air ride temporarly so I can get to a garage I know. Also I read there was a ford scanner I saw on you tube a guy had to find the fault in his mk 8. It was also sold on e bay. anyone remember its name.? Instructions are appreciated/ The scanner has air ride Intelligence built into it. Is called the rotunda super star 2 and it can locate the electronic air ride problems is the hardware bags, struts compresor are not broken..Where can my air compressor 4 gal 125 psi,. tap into the marks air inlet .?Raise the car up enough to get it to a shop? Now why can't I get a reply out of this "help" place

Last edited:
There is no easy place to tap into the air to lift it up
The star tester is nice to have would make life easier for you
Assuming you don't know the problem,
If your abs works try to swap the relay from there to the air compressor
Good place to start

get 2x4's and drive up on them, gaining enough height to get a jack under the car to get it into the air and find a set of strutmaster springs and struts, I did mine a couple of years ago and have never looked back. Air ride is nice when it works but it will fail, and that is it's flaw since you have no idea when that will happen.

Its been many months since I wrote about the air ride that went flat. My mk8 is sitting next to my garage on its frame. A ford tech told me there is a way to disconnect one of the air lines to allow me to inflate all the air ride temporarly so I can get to a garage I know. Also I read there was a ford scanner I saw on you tube a guy had to find the fault in his mk 8. It was also sold on e bay. anyone remember its name.? Instructions are appreciated/ The scanner has air ride Intelligence built into it. Is called the rotunda super star 2 and it can locate the electronic air ride problems is the hardware bags, struts compresor are not broken..Where can my air compressor 4 gal 125 psi,. tap into the marks air inlet .?Raise the car up enough to get it to a shop? Now why can't I get a reply out of this "help" place
Thanks for the reply,

get 2x4's and drive up on them, gaining enough height to get a jack under the car to get it into the air and find a set of strutmaster springs and struts, I did mine a couple of years ago and have never looked back. Air ride is nice when it works but it will fail, and that is it's flaw since you have no idea when that will happen.
I was wondering how I could get it up, the car, not ed, so thanks for the nice tip.

I was wondering how I could get it up, the car, not ed, thanks again for the tip. Between a air ride mark 8 and a converted mark 8 which one would have the best resale provided both are in excellent shape?

There is no easy place to tap into the air to lift it up
The star tester is nice to have would make life easier for you
Assuming you don't know the problem,
If your abs works try to swap the relay from there to the air compressor
Good place to start
Much problems come from a damaged compressor as I read other guys describe there solutions to this no ride

Do you think a no air ride mark would have to sell for much less that a orginal air ride mark?

When the air ride bottoms out, by raising the car a few inches will allow the compressor to inflate the bags. When you start the car you should hear the compressor running. Taking the weight off the bags gives them a head start You might have to re start the car a couple of times, compressor will time out. When you get it aired up, turn off the switch in the trunk,BEFORE you close the drivers door

Last edited:
When the air ride bottoms out, by raising the car a few inches will allow the compressor to inflate the bags. When you start the car you should hear the compressor running. Taking the weight off the bags gives them a head start You might have to re start the car a couple of times, compressor will time out. When you get it aired up, turn off the switch in the trunk,BEFORE you close the drivers door

Also, if the comp. do not come on with car raised, likely comp is shot

If comp doesn't come on, ck fuse, and like slowmkviii said swap relay with ABS relay. Some people are 100% air ride, and some are 100% springs. Springs could be a + when selling, depends on buyer

If comp doesn't come on, ck fuse, and like slowmkviii said swap relay with ABS relay. Some people are 100% air ride, and some are 100% springs. Springs could be a + when selling, depends on buyer

YA springs will eliminate the risk in a buyers eyes of a broken air system. One less thing to worry about for a buyer. Then theres the purist who wants a real air ride. . I have been considering buying new front struts, rear bags, and a good compressor. What other things can be defective in the future with these new parts?

YA springs will eliminate the risk in a buyers eyes of a broken air system. One less thing to worry about for a buyer. Then theres the purist who wants a real air ride. . I have been considering buying new front struts, rear bags, and a good compressor. What other things can be defective in the future with these new parts?
Just get a spring kit, and you wont need a comp. All my cars are 100% air. I try to keep them orginal.

Thanks, I take it for the security of a trouble free ride the springed mark would offer the least amount of problems and being a used car would be preferable over another mark with air ride although you do like the air ride.

Thanks, I take it for the security of a trouble free ride the springed mark would offer the least amount of problems and being a used car would be preferable over another mark with air ride although you do like the air ride.

I have 2 marks on springs one on air
So you just need not marks
I have am chosing for now to buy all 4 air suspension products and a new compressor from Arnot most likely and keep my air ride. A spring kit with shocks is near 6 hundred the entire air ride can be replaced for 900 to 1000. I intend to store my mMark till spring and then go for the new air ride parts. I may be able to do it myself as its not much more than installing a mechanical strut on a non air ride car.

My post should have said more marks not "not marks"
If you end up going coils just don't go cheap
Cheap will ride like junk

Members online

No members online now.
Back