Fender and door swap

ninjafied

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a 2003 ls and it's been hit in the side. I have damage to doors and fenders. I also have a 2001 ls with a good body. Can I swap doors and fender from the 01 to the 04?

Thanks

Which doors? You may be able to make the back doors work, but the guts (window motor/regulator/switches/module) would have to be swapped out for the front doors for certain.

I, too, was hit---by a dumb-bell high-school girl---in the passenger side. Didn't get a fender but got both doors and pushed the bottom of the 'B' pillar in by a couple of inches. I was VERY lucky to find an entire set of '06 doors---my car's an '02---for a hundred bux.

I took an entire weekend to re-do the 'B' pillar and hang the doors. The windows, locks, and mirrors all work with nothing more than a plug-in.

The gaps aren't perfect but are close enough to factory that it takes someone knowledgeable to be able to see where a bit more work is necessary. I used the '02 inner door panels and switches.

KS

Ok so the door removal is easy enough but the front fenders may be a little harder. Is there any hidden bolts I should know about before I wreck something

s6x~us~en~file=a0096060.gif~gen~ref.gif

2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Fender

Removal and Installation

1. Remove the front and rear fender splash shields. For additional information, refer to Fender Splash Shield in this section.

2. Remove the bumper cover. For additional information, refer to Section 501-19.

3. Remove the 2 front pin-type retainers and position the front rocker moulding aside.

4. Remove the 4 pin-type retainers and the radiator upper sight shield.

5. Remove the 3 bolts and the headlamp assembly.
* Disconnect the electrical connector.
- To Install, tighten to 6 Nm (53 lb-in).
- If necessary, adjust the headlamp. For additional information, refer to Section 417-01.

6. Remove the 2 radiator grille opening panel bolts.
- To install, tighten to 11 Nm (8 lb-in).

7. Disengage the wiring harness locator.

8. NOTE: Support the hood using a prop rod.
- Disengage the lower hood assist strut.

9. Remove the hood assist strut ball stud.
- To install, tighten to 16 Nm (12 lb-ft)

10. Remove the 2 lower front fender bolts.
- To install, tighten to 9 Nm (80 lb-in).

11. Remove the 3 upper front fender bolts and remove the fender.
- To install, tighten to 9 Nm (80 lb-in).

12. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Adjust the fender as needed.

2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Members online

No members online now.
Back