2005 Lincoln LS

Julia

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hot air blowing on passenger side. We have cut off all hot water through the system. Still hot air. Some forums say that it is the cold air bypass door actuator others say that the ls does not have a bypass door. AC code is 1265. Some forums say to ignore!! Please help.

Check the refrigerator coolant with Artic Freeze synthetic R-134a Refrigerant PSI should read between 30 and 40 when connected to your low pressure port also point the arrow to outside ambient Temperature when you squeeze the trigger. If your pressure is low on the gauge low would be between 0-20 then you just need a recharge of refrigerants, its the easiest way to find our if it's a quick fix with a recharge or something more costly and time consuming I think I paid $30 dollars for the can of Artic Freeze Auto A/C Recharge at Advance Auto hope its as easy as this keep us posted ...tc

The 2nd Gen LS has no cold air bypass door. Even if it did, it would not cause your symptom. The service manual says to ignore B1265 because the LS is not equipped with a cold air bypass door. Don't believe me? Pull the DATC out and look at the pins for the CAB actuator. There aren't even any wires attached.

If you are getting hot (heated air) out, then it is indeed the DCCV. If so, you will get cold air out on the first startup of the day, before the engine warms up at all. If, instead, the air just isn't very well cooled, then it is probably low refrigerant. Don't use that Artic Freeze crap. Real R134a is already synthetic. Everything in the Artic Freeze can that isn't pure R134a reduces the cooling capacity of the system. To correctly charge it, you need to monitor both the high and low side pressures and compare them to the temperature charts. If you don't have the tools to do this, get it done by someone who does.

Yes R134a is synthetic ...I was typing the exact product word for word off the container. I haven't had any issues with the cheap Artic Freeze product my A/C is working great and is blowing ice cold air

Yes R134a is synthetic ...I was typing the exact product word for word off the container. I haven't had any issues with the cheap Artic Freeze product my A/C is working great and is blowing ice cold air
Thank you!!

The 2nd Gen LS has no cold air bypass door. Even if it did, it would not cause your symptom. The service manual says to ignore B1265 because the LS is not equipped with a cold air bypass door. Don't believe me? Pull the DATC out and look at the pins for the CAB actuator. There aren't even any wires attached.

If you are getting hot (heated air) out, then it is indeed the DCCV. If so, you will get cold air out on the first startup of the day, before the engine warms up at all. If, instead, the air just isn't very well cooled, then it is probably low refrigerant. Don't use that Artic Freeze crap. Real R134a is already synthetic. Everything in the Artic Freeze can that isn't pure R134a reduces the cooling capacity of the system. To correctly charge it, you need to monitor both the high and low side pressures and compare them to the temperature charts. If you don't have the tools to do this, get it done by someone who does.
Thank you!! Ordered a new DCCV. We will install over the weekend. Thank you for your time and knowledge!!

Check the refrigerator coolant with Artic Freeze synthetic R-134a Refrigerant PSI should read between 30 and 40 when connected to your low pressure port also point the arrow to outside ambient Temperature when you squeeze the trigger. If your pressure is low on the gauge low would be between 0-20 then you just need a recharge of refrigerants, its the easiest way to find our if it's a quick fix with a recharge or something more costly and time consuming I think I paid $30 dollars for the can of Artic Freeze Auto A/C Recharge at Advance Auto hope its as easy as this keep us posted ...tc

Members online

Back