Painted stock wheel

...by the way how many cars do you have damn lol

Wait a minute.. you have 3 of them??

Fleets are a natural thing for truckers...

SHIP HAPPENS .... and then one day you realized you just made you're third mistake.

'01 V8 Sport lowered n tuned
'03 V8 Premium (scrapping)
'04 V8 LSE in progress
'09 Chevyrado z71 4x4 lifted aka Bad Thing
'12 John Deer ride on mower with cup holder.
'16 Peterbilt 579 full sleeper, fridge, tv, inverter, my Daily Driver ... aka the Mighty Money Maker (not mine but my favorite)

Last edited:
I once did a set of Nissan Maxima Wheels up with a dedicated Wheel Paint from Dupli-Color.

Dupli-Color Wheel Coating features a highly reflective metallic finish with superior adhesion to steel, aluminum, and plastic wheels and wheel coverings.

Product: Wheel Coating - Aerosol | Dupli-Color

How to: Dupli-Color Wheel Coating

Sealed in with a lacque clear.

It's all in the prep. You have to scuff it down to give it something to grab onto.

IMG_1968.JPG
IMG_1967.JPG
IMG_1965.JPG
IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

I'm not quite sure I like the rims with chrome lug nuts I think some black lug nuts might look better? Thought on this?

Last edited:
Yeah for sure, black lug nuts would certainly murder it out more.
So would applying 3M black vinyl on all the chrome window trim, with a product called BLACKOUT tape.

$_35.jpg

Search youTube vids on how to "Blackout Car Window Trim" or "Window Trim Chrome Delete".

Further more, the upper chrome on the front grille and the chrome on the rear plate surround + the chrome on that wrong base front bumper cover, could either be covered in black vinyl or scuffed up and color-match painted.

Debadge the rear trunk lid and hit the chrome LS lettering on the sides with black plasti-dip.

Black heat paint them calipers.

Fun fun fun ...

Wheels turned out good!

Rigs your knowledge is priceless ....You just answered all the questions I was going to ask you brother lol thanks for the input and that front piece on your truck is what gave me the inspiration to tackle this project not to mention your black LS thanks again

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back