More about David Nortons 2002 4.6 supercharged 5 speed swap

Wes B

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondered who had read of Davids Nortons Black widebody 2002 LS that was upgraded with rebuilt blown 4.6 and 5 speed. Powertrain was beefed and 4.6 was rebuilt with forged internals and has less than 20 lbs boost but puts out 900 hp. More power than I would want for street, and also used old widebody kit remake on car. Carbon fiber small budge cowl type hood, intercooler, and electronics integrated I think. Car looks very great and seems to have integrated boosted 4.6 to Getrag 5 speed + more with great results. Details Anyone?

really, this again?

the other responseless thread hasn't even fallen off of the first page yet...

1LoudLS, see you took time to sign in and leave message in reply to my query same as you have done so often on this web sight before. That was point you could have been helpful or criticize other members. What is purpose?

IMG_0765.JPG

the car is a TKO600 not a getrag.
it was just a manual car so it already had a third pedal.
that getrag would pop trying to handle that sort of power.
and the electronics gets easier if you yank most of it out and go standalone too.
no word on AC either. ac has been done, but just in an full on/off capacity.

Hi Chris,
Thanks very much for info on car. I just received short e mail with car photo and small amount of about build. The electronics tied into entire car seems to have been overcome and is important to find out how done while keeping A/C and if possible anti lock brakes from LS. The way I had read e mail led me to think somehow, the getrag from 2002 car was used with 4.6 blown 4 cam. TKO makes far more sense but really did not know. I see article meant standard clutch/manual tranny setup was no problem to install in new car as had used setup from older car. No need to buy and set up third peddle assemble. I will get to "unread section" as also had many questions about Lincoln interconnected electronics with new V-8 and mods sorted out and reliable. Air would be must now even hear. Thanks again for time and help.

1LoudLS, see you took time to sign in and leave message in reply to my query same as you have done so often on this web sight before. That was point you could have been helpful or criticize other members. What is purpose?

purpose #1 to show you that if you bother to look at the other threads already on the main board (not even talking about having to search here) you would have seen that there was already a thread existing on the exact same topic you decided to create another thread about... duplicate threads only make it worse for splitting info up for anybody that may actually feel like searching for anything in the future

purpose #2 to slightly nudge you in the direction of other threads that already have more information that you seek about that car.

The electronics tied into entire car seems to have been overcome and is important to find out how done while keeping A/C and if possible anti lock brakes from LS.
...as also had many questions about Lincoln interconnected electronics with new V-8 and mods sorted out and reliable.

nothing was sorted out... this car is far from a complete street car.

as for OEM comfort features working, its pretty much a trailer queen/race car. custom gauges had to be built just to get some information to the driver

Only information I need is out the Fn front glass Bud!
Nose and ears do the rest. Gauges are overrated anyhow!

Members online

Back