Mirror LED's on driver side not working

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was turning left and noticed that the LED's were not flashing. The passenger side is fine.

I know that left and right signals are on different fuses, but everything else works.

I did a search and the only thing that came up was people installing 2nd gen mirrors into 1st gens.

Are these have to pull and disassemble? I was thinking I would like to upgrade the puddle lights to brighter LED's and believe I have read some threads about others doing this here...

So no one has had an issue with the turn signal LED's in the mirror on 2nd Gens? I have seen a couple threads where the puddle light was upgraded to LED - are the mirrors hard to disassemble?

Where in Canada? I'm a dual myself, having attended elementary school in Alberta and secondary in the US. These cars are fun, aren't they?

Where in Canada? I'm a dual myself, having attended elementary school in Alberta and secondary in the US. These cars are fun, aren't they?
I'm in Mississauga, GTA - greater Toronto area, but don't hold that against me!

They are more than fun. I bought my M8 for a winter ride and loved it so much, started converting into a summer ride. Just a shame the previous owner didn't have the M8 Rust Checked or Krown sprayed each year.

I was at a tire shop over the weekend and another was there with an 06 bmw. I asked him what hp it has and he said 225. I said my 98 M8 came stock with 290 and he said that "bmw doesn't come with raw power, they build race cars for the road"
I thought wow, he doesn't have a clue what is behind the M8, fully independent suspension, traction control, antilock brakes, etc etc.
I've never have a heard of Lincoln creating "raw power" he then went on to say he just lost lots of power and was trying to fix his bmw - while on 3 car jacks, starting and revving the motor close to max rpm and asking the shop owner for tools. He said the car has so many sensors all $500 or more and they kept breaking, driving him crazy.
It was a 4 door and I thought that it was interesting that he thought race cars came with 4 doors - hey each to their own.

Don't hold it against me that I'm originally from Red Neck Alberta! The Beemer owner doesn't know any better.

Glad it magically started working again. The only thing I can think of is that water got inside the housing or it lost connection via the two terminals that feed power/ground to it. I made a post a couple years ago with some pics that you might find useful in the future.

What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Glad it magically started working again. The only thing I can think of is that water got inside the housing or it lost connection via the two terminals that feed power/ground to it. I made a post a couple years ago with some pics that you might find useful in the future.

What did you do to your Mark VIII today?
Thanks this is awesome! I have some prior experience with LED's and am thinking to replace mine with brighter and maybe tricolor LED's, so I could change them from Blue, Red, Green by a switch. At the least replace with brighter LEDs

Members online

No members online now.
Back