Where is the Keyless Entry code located on [2003] 2004 Lincoln Ls?

... the Ford service manual app on ebay ... It was originally intended to be on a DVD; with a tablet, you run the app installer, and copy the DVD image to your desktop. You need to mount the DVD image as a virtual device
before you run the app

1st GEN Data Disk I bought required desk/laptop install and install path could not be altered as it needs to remain at root level on C:\TSO\ path. Wouldn't function if you altered the install path. It utilizes run programs, which fetch from the data disk (which must be in-tray). It generates temporary markup language files in your local cache as you navigate the disk content via the installed run program (menu selection). It additionally can generate chapter pdf files. Further the online 2nd GEN manual does not include Wiring Diagrams nor PC/ED troubleshooting.

I don't recall it being tablet friendly.

... a lot of Bluetooth devices will work with Torque et al but not FORScan. I have two of the one I linked upthread and they both work, but I have another cheapo one that doesn't.

... ELS27), or look for ELM327 marked as "Ford Mazda FORScan" etc compatible (these are usually "good" clones equipped with HS/MS CAN switch).

Proper switching abilities is what it needs for Forscan. It's a protocol thing.

Ps:
Cabled your going to run data fastest/immediately. No latency.
Wifi, bluetooth runs slower.

~ least that just my being crazy, thinking out loud. :confused:

Last edited:
I don't recall it being tablet friendly

You can tell it predates the existence of touch screens but it works okay and I think the form factor is really nice. Was just out replacing the smog pump on my 02, had the tablet under the wheel well with me.

The USB stick I got does indeed have an installer that puts stuff in C:\TSO. The installed app has a quirk where it wants the DVD drive to be in the drive it was in when installed, so if the disc image gets mounted at D:\ when you install but E:\ when you run it later, it freaks out. Simplest workaround is to run the installer again.

My BT reader doesn't have the CAN switch mod but some modules I would think would be MS-CAN only (DDM, ACM) do load properly in FORScan. I don't really know enough about CAN bus to know what's going on, but it has done everything I've needed and was eleven bucks, so I'm satisfied.

IMG_20170615_223008.jpg

IMG_20170615_223008.jpg

Handy on a Tablet like that, I ordered it on DVD as apposed to USB stick.
Ultimately would be to extract all html pages and associated linked images, then upload it somewhere similar as Owlman did with the 2nd GEN manual.

lot of work though.

... was able to read the keypad code on my `05 LS V8 using FORScan 2.3.6 beta (w/ free extended license) ...

Thanks for this very useful information.

.... generated an extended trial code? ...

Yeah, so 'update'
- Finally the OBDLink SX USB cable arrived.

Pros: Works great on XP, no driver issues at all. Connects instantly.

Cons: Standard License does not allow for the DDM code to be read, requires 'Extended' License.

:: The Amazon deal on the OBDLink SX USB cable ships with free OBDWiz scantool software, provides a key to unlock and works perfectly on other cars.

Imma have to work on getting the 'Extended' ForScan license.

... The USB stick I got does indeed have an ....

Say, sub, do you by chance still have a link to that vendor whom sold you this 1st GEN workshop manual on a USB stick ?

I was spinning my DVD disk yesterday and thought I'd much more appreciate it on a USB stick in order to run on a tablet or my little spare laptop ... then again, I haven't tried to copy it as a whole from the DVD to a USB stick. May or may not work, depending on the hard-coded directory drive it seeks. (Usually D: for me) ... I'll have to give it a try.

@RigsLS IIRC I waited a few days for FORScan people to approve my forum account, at which point I filled out the license form and it sent me a key right away.

Say, sub, do you by chance still have a link to that vendor whom sold you this 1st GEN workshop manual on a USB stick ?

I was spinning my DVD disk yesterday...

The USB stick I got merely contains a DVD image that you mount to install/run the app. Pretty sure you could make one yourself from your DVD:
  1. Make an ISO image file of the DVD: How to Create ISO Files From Discs on Windows, Mac, and Linux
  2. Copy it onto a sufficiently large USB stick.
  3. From Windows 8 onward, you can double-click the ISO image in Explorer to mount it. Or use WinCDEmu - the easiest way to mount an ISO. And more... to mount the image in old versions of Windows.
Actually, WinCDEmu might fix that drive letter problem I mentioned above even on newer Windows versions, gonna have to try that.

Yeah, so 'update'
- Finally the OBDLink SX USB cable arrived.

Pros: Works great on XP, no driver issues at all. Connects instantly.

Cons: Standard License does not allow for the DDM code to be read, requires 'Extended' License.

:: The Amazon deal on the OBDLink SX USB cable ships with free OBDWiz scantool software, provides a key to unlock and works perfectly on other cars.

Rigs You have to get an "Extended Trial" code to do it for free. You have to make an account then fill out the form and youll get a 3 month code

The one that I linked above worked for me, if you havent tried that one.

I would a little concerned about the Ford CAN protocol that it doesn't support, but I'm not sure if that one is used on the LS. I thought that Forscan required a specific chip to be in the interface adapter?

I double checked and this is the one I got for my LS. It works fine, pulled the door code and everything.

I double checked and this is the one I got for my LS. It works fine, pulled the door code and everything.

Thanks Josh, you're actually the reason I purchased this one. I saw you had luck with it so figured I'd give it a try. It shipped very quickly from amazon, I'll be home in about 2 weeks to try it out!

Also, thank you Joe for the info, I didn't realize that! Something to be aware of for sure.

Rigs You have to get an "Extended Trial" code to do it for free. You have to make an account then fill out the form and youll get a 3 month code

Yup, I seen that, was also getting to it ... just I had to get ready for work (which is 5 days on the road).
I'll get back to it when I get back home. Thanks!

I would a little concerned about the Ford CAN protocol that it doesn't support, but I'm not sure if that one is used on the LS. I thought that Forscan required a specific chip to be in the interface adapter?

... thank you Joe for the info, I didn't realize that! Something to be aware of for sure.

... equipped with HS/MS CAN switch).

Would this not be this connectivity issue, I already color noted on previous page ... cabled or wireless, the Forscan software requires this protocol on any adaptor for it to complete the connection properly (least that's what I read into).

With the ELM327 Bluetooth wireless adapters (and it's flock of clones), this I understood as being the main problem for majority of folks whom experienced connectivity issues using Forscan.

o_O ... color me Fn crazy again here folks, but if we'd only read a bit here and there, we just might learn a thing or two, no?

Abstract from the interweb machine, I find this ...

In addition to the regular OBD2 (HS CAN) bus many Ford and Mazda models (approximately since 2003-2004) are equipped with MS CAN bus. In contrast to HS CAN bus, MS CAN bus is not supported by the stock ELM327, because MS CAN is a manufacturer-specific solution and located on non-OBD2 pins. But the well known ELM327 chip is a very flexible tool, and the use of a special adapter allows you to implement MS CAN support. With this support and the free available program FORScan many additional modules which are not visible for regular OBD2 scanners, can show you trouble codes which are never displayed by OBD2 scanners and can show you PIDs which are not supported by any OBD2 scanner. Using this adapter with FORScan specific tests can be done in many modules of your car and service procedures can be performed.

... it's been many moons since I held any Techie positions, last one being a Unix Systems Admin within an IT operations group of a Medical funds management company but if I do recall correctly, shit doesn't just connect to anything just for the fun of it.

Oh yes .... now I remember why I gave up, meetings about meetings, living the rat race cubicle life and went on to drive truck for a living instead. (should see the view from my office window) No more further MS certifications required. Phewww :eek:

(still recall the day a chair magically flung itself across the server room, up against a vital telecom rack. One too many failed SQL processes, needing tweaking yet again, after another new MS update)

Last edited:
I went from programming and DB based work into marine navigation. Now I sail around the world looking for oil lol. I feel you, and you're right - reading is a virtue.

My new office has a better view lol.

king.jpg

^ Sweet !!!

That looks like a whole lot more fun then the 'Google/Android-always-tracking-me' smartie phone I'm trying to get un-addicted from.

~ the things I've smashed to bits due to Fn high tech irritations, should have seen this brand new DELL desktop that got the axe ... LITERALLY ... got the better of me ... an axe, I kid you not! Fn thing ... was out at the curb following week for collection. Never mind Tech/Customer support, sometimes you gotta take a good old grinding to an 800$ useless purchase.

You'll feel much better and smile more afterwards, trust me on this one ;)

I still have a huge scar on my hand from driving my fist through a case / dvd drive that didn't want to cooperate. Shoved it through the entire bay and took the heatsink with it lol. In hindsight it was probably not my best option but it deserved it.

I firmly believe that If I destroy it, it will no longer be able to bring me grief. Really, we're doing ourselves a favor!

The LS has a *small* dent in the front passenger fender from the last time I changed her oil. The filter refused to come off, nothing worked. 15 minute job turned into 3 hours and a few trips to various retailers. I'm pretty sure she just wanted me to kick her.

We're not crazy, the world is crazy.

Sometimes, when I see new update prompts,
I'm like ... Honey (wife) get ready!!! it's about to happen again, 50/50 chance.

All these new high tech toys should come standard with potential health risk warnings.
WARNING:: this MS update might ruin your day and lead to unnecessary frustrations.

Seems like updates brick more than they fix. It's like they enact planned obsolescence. I avoid them all together!

Yup, for sure.
I've had to set Automatic Updates and Auto Correct to OFF just to keep me somewhat sane.

:confused:

... waited a few days for FORScan people to approve my forum account, at which point I filled out the license form and it sent me a key right away.

... have to make an account then fill out the form and you'll get a 3 month code

See these FORscan dudes are not in the business of keeping things somewhat simple!

Just created a Forum User account, as you both mentioned it's a few days waiting to get activated ... then allows access to the Extended Trail key form? Any more Fn red tape hoops one has to jump through after that? I noted the Hardware ID copy required from the device it's being loaded from, so ready for that when these kids eventually wish to grant Extended access.

Can only imagine the complicated process of actually purchasing the Extended License Key after the Trail expires.

Last edited:
Tadaaa, finally got me that 'Extended' trail key and applied. Now to attempt to read that DDM remote code on the 04 LSE again today. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back