Where is the Keyless Entry code located on [2003] 2004 Lincoln Ls?

And if I posted it, everyone would have my factory code.
Yeah... That's a bit of of a no brainer. Hey Joe... show me your card. Then when I think you have forgotten about that,,, I PM you and ask you where you live, (as an LVC member), saying I'd like to meet you because i will be in your area. What's the LEAST that could happen???

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I was able to read the keypad code on my `05 LS V8 using FORScan 2.3.6 beta (w/ free extended license) and a cheapo OBD reader. Pretty glad not to have to beg/pay the dealer!

Thanks for this very useful information.

Does anyone know if there is any truth / accuracy to this? I know some say that its not on the car, but has anyone checked for this? I went to look for it today on my '03 without success... of course I didn't pull everything apart, and my phone went dead before I could go back and read the description.

Answer Given:

Source: Answers.com
Trunk lid henge

Left taillight, hit the brakes three times, and it will flash the code...

pretty sure the process is in the owners manual

thats if your IN the west... you have to face UP if your in the north... cause science...

Anyone else able to confirm/detail how to do it with FORScan? I see it listed under their changelog but has anyone tried it? Curious for myself.

This is interesting... I've got the OBD2 / usb cord and ForScan but I'm waiting for an unlock code... .They're in no rush. Been 2 months. Also the cord I bought doesn't seem to work. Not looking good lol.

This is interesting... I've got the OBD2 / usb cord and ForScan but I'm waiting for an unlock code... .They're in no rush. Been 2 months. Also the cord I bought doesn't seem to work. Not looking good lol.
Have you generated an extended trial code? It happens instantly and is good for three months? I can help explain if no

Also I got my door code successfully today, cost about $20 for the OBD to USB cord compared to the $100 ish at the dealer. If anyone wants a video I'd be happy to make one as this would help anyone with a Ford Lincoln Mercury or even Mazda.

Plus with FORSCAN you can program keys, read abs errors, AC errors, DTC and way more it's a serious tool for sure

Josh, which OBDII bluetooth module worked well for you? or are you cabled?

10-4, thanks. I've seen plenty of connectivity issue posts with them OBDII bluetooths to warrant going cabled. Just might go this route. Get this off my to-do list.

I was told by a few different ppl that the code was under the dash. I seen it on an 06 MKZ but no luck on mine. I also heard it was in a few different places in my 04 Ls. How true idk. Not under the driver side dash tho.

I used one of these Bluetooth readers to get my door code and otherwise do useful things with Windows FORScan:

Amazon.com: Bluetooth OBD2, LOLLDEAL MINI Bluetooth OBD2 OBD2 Scanner Car Diagnostic Scan Tool /OBDii Code Reader OBD2 Bluetooth Check Engine Light for Android and Windows System- Compatible with Torque Pro: Electronics

I think my best LS hack so far has been to get a cheap Windows tablet to run FORScan and the shop manual software.

What tablet would you recommend and how do I get shop manual software. That is def worth trying.

Did you have to install any drivers for the cord or did it just work? My cord came with software, but it's basically chinese. Seems like I got a really crappy one.

Josh, which OBDII bluetooth module worked well for you? or are you cabled?

I just used a cabled USB one and windows picked it right up (my laptop is a bit older and the Bluetooth is spotty so I didn't want to risk it). Then FORSCAN read the car no prOblem.

Here's the cord I used

Amazon.com: ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows: Automotive

You by chance know if FORScan version 2.3.9 beta for Windows works good on Windows XP ?
just installing it now on an older small laptop but cable I ordered is still on route for now.

Important note: almost all of adapters sold under "ELM327" label are "clones" (use not original ELM327 chip). In past few years 80% of them are "bad" clones, and unfortunately this ratio grows. "Bad" clones are not fully compatible with original ELM327 and will not work with FORScan. FORScan uses service level protocols and requires adapters that are fully compatible with original ELM327. Other software that uses standard OBDII protocol usually work with these adapters, so people usually don't understand the problem. The problem is that service protocols are more complex than regular OBDII ones and this is why it is physically impossible to make FORScan work using these devices. We recommend to obtain either original white-label adapters listed above (Scantool OBDLink, ELS27), or look for ELM327 marked as "Ford Mazda FORScan" etc compatible (these are usually "good" clones equipped with HS/MS CAN switch).

You by chance know if FORScan version 2.3.9 beta for Windows works good on Windows XP ?
just installing it now on an older small laptop but cable I ordered is still on route for now.

There's a good point in here: the FORScan team is a bit mysterious, so running the app on a burner Windows device that doesn't have access to all your private data is not a bad idea.

(My guess is that XP will work fine but I haven't ever tried it)

What tablet would you recommend and how do I get shop manual software. That is def worth trying.

Tablet
Any of these would be fine: Best Cheap Windows 10 Tablets
Or this: Micro Center - Computers and Electronics

Look for a Bay Trail chipset device, they are cheap and sufficiently powerful to run the apps we're talking about here.

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro, which I don't think they make anymore but I'm sure you could find one on Craigslist or something.

Shop manual
For Gen 1s, you can get a sketchy copy of the Ford service manual app on ebay: 2000-2002 Ford Lincoln Mercury - Factory Service Manual Repair Manual on USB | eBay

It was originally intended to be on a DVD; with a tablet, you run the app installer, and copy the DVD image to your desktop. You need to mount the DVD image as a virtual device
before you run the app
(in Windows 10, you just need to double-tap it to do that).

For Gen 2s, the 2006 manual is online and you can just use a web browser -- I downloaded the entire site to put on my tablet since my wifi doesn't go all the way to my garage. o_O

OBDII reader
As Rigs mentioned, a lot of Bluetooth devices will work with Torque et al but not FORScan. I have two of the one I linked upthread and they both work, but I have another cheapo one that doesn't. They pair with your Windows device like any other Bluetooth peripheral. Definitely check Amazon reviews on a given devices to see if anyone has reported success using it with FORScan specifically.

I think Rigs' USB device also supports MS-CAN protocol which most of the Bluetooth readers don't unless modded. I don't know what this means in practice; I'm able to get door codes and run diagnostic tests with my BT reader so it does what I need. I like that I can also use the BT one with my phone to keep an eye on coolant temp on road trips.

Members online

No members online now.
Back