2004 No Start

Sparkplug51

LVC Member
Reaction score
2004 LSV8 will not start. Battery and connection good. Haven't checked Anti Theft yet , still at work , but could the Transmission range sensor cause this? It gives that code ALOT mainly if I go from 5th to 4th manually. It doesn't show a code at the moment but how can I check that tranny sensor and where is it? Thanks a lot for anyone who can help

So, what do you mean by "will not start?"

A. I turn the key to start, and nothing happens, so sound from under the hood.

B. I hear the starter turning the crankshaft, but the engine does not catch and run.

A. Does the dash come on and do everything as it normally does? If you turn the headlights on, do they stay on and bright, or do they dim down as you turn the key to start? What is the PATS light doing? Is it flashing rapidly? If so, then wait till it settles down (takes a while) and then count the flashes. It will be two repeating groups, like 1-6. Post the code that you get.

B. Are you out of gasoline? Do you hear the fuel pump prime? Unplug the MAF and see if it will start. If so, then you have a bad/dirty MAF or you have a big air leak. Past this, it gets a little more involved.

The 2nd A. Didn't notice the theft light. I can hear the pump and all lights come on. Battery full , and only drops a few volts under load. This all happened this morning so I was only able to check a few things before leaving for work. I'm just trying to get some ideas for when I get home

I'm involved , trust me

IMG_20170212_125432_789.jpg

Mine is close. Last dyno test in 2015 at 435 on 93 gas and regular air and plugs. Since then we have upgraded air intake with a air to air cooler and larger injector's

Unrelated but would you be willing to post a thread on your performance mods? Pretty please? With sugar?

Unrelated but would you be willing to post a thread on your performance mods? Pretty please? With sugar?
I am in the process of re wiring the starter due to bad cables. But I will post how we re designed the internals of the intake manifold and runners to create a supercharged affect. I will post pics and instructions later tonight. Would love to see more LS's on the road to show the pure performance that these cars have when you peak what is already there. The AJ35 is one of the best engines ever designed by Jaguar

I am in the process of re wiring the starter due to bad cables. But I will post how we re designed the internals of the intake manifold and runners to create a supercharged affect. I will post pics and instructions later tonight. Would love to see more LS's on the road to show the pure performance that these cars have when you peak what is already there. The AJ35 is one of the best engines ever designed by Jaguar

I look forward to seeing what you have done! Thanks again!

Members online

Back