WOW!!! A new record in MPG's and miles on a tank! Pics inside.

Ghaleon64

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Definitely saving these pics for future reference. 06 V8. This was pretty much all freeway to and from work, and it's the best I think I'll EVER see, mostly because I had to try *REALLY HARD* to not be a leadfoot this tank. I'm not good at that part. Took some major willpower. I'm curious if anyone else has gotten similar numbers and what you had to do (read: sacrifice) to achieve them. :D

20170601_140458.jpg

20170601_170817.jpg

We actually have been averaging about that exact same number on highway driving lately. Trips between LV & LA with numbers high 24mpg to low 26mpg with the number usually right at your number 25.9mpg. That's with the cruise control on 75mph. The summer heat is kicking in now, so not sure how that may effect the mpg number. 2003 V8 56k miles.

I can usually get about 24 mpg but I like having a lil fun

Took me a while to find this pic. I knew I had it somewhere. This is from a trip in 2009. We just bought the car 4 months earlier w/about 32K miles.

Vacation 2009 006.jpg

This is my record on the LSes replacement (no, it's NOT a diesel!)...

DTE_2.jpg

^ That's peanuts Bud, my daily driver gets 7.1MPG ... also just over 9 bills to fill. Comes with a fuel card that someone other then myself flips the bill for. Plus they pay me to get that kinda mileage. Fn awesome! ... difference being it can move upwards of 110K Lbs with ease. (of course)

I average around 23-24mpg mixed driving. On highway trips ive had the computer tell me im getting upwards of 27mpg at 60mph cruise control. My LS never sees over 2500rpm at any time while driving. Ive done the math from every fillup since purchasing the car with 10,517mi, and as usual the computer is always 1-2mpg ahead of itself. The LS now has 12,200mi and the math says on those highway trips doing 60mph im getting around 25mpg not 27mpg as the computer says. Still will not complain about 25mpg though. Just wish Ford put the ZF 6 speed in the LS like the Jaguars. That 6 speed and taller rear end gears gets my XJ8 which weighs the same as the LS 2-3mpg better all day.

When I traded in my 1996 Town Car Cartier for my 2004 Town Car Signature, I snapped a picture of the MPG readout following the 90-mile drive to the dealer. It was mostly freeway miles at a steady 60mph. My 2004 Town Car has never seen this mileage and my 2002 LS never did either.

MPG.jpg

Ghaleon64, those numbers look similar to what I see when I drive my '04 V8 Sport from Cleveland to Indianapolis. I fill her up and then get on the freeway, set the cruise at 68-69 MPH and don't run the a/c - it is a flat run. I may have seen as high as 25.8 or 25.9 MPG on a similar run up to Detroit, but setting the cruise that low will get you run off the highway up there ;)

2014-12-10_16-57-59_62 (1024x1007).jpg

I've fairly recently achieved 30.8 twice going to work (over 30 miles and 2 highway merges) but the traffic conditions have to be perfect. Any stop lights after the highways and it drops fast. Most attempts yield something in the 27-28 range. If I took the average going in and back home, it ends up 26-27. The highest average over a whole tank was about 26 but I'll never see that again with how horrific traffic has become since I bought this car back in '05.

Well, I would have easily had 30 on the way in today, even with moderate traffic, except some dip$hit was going 35 in a 55 zone (where rush hour commuters typically go 65-75). Couldn't get around her because of the volume of cars going by on one side and getting off an exit on the other. Still mustered this though...
upload_2017-6-16_8-36-3.png

Its 34 miles. Something else that helps is elevation; its about 300 foot difference. Best I ever got going home was 29 and change, at least 1 mpg off the mark compared to going to work.

^ That's peanuts Bud, my daily driver gets 7.1MPG ... also just over 9 bills to fill. Comes with a fuel card that someone other then myself flips the bill for. Plus they pay me to get that kinda mileage. Fn awesome! ... difference being it can move upwards of 110K Lbs with ease. (of course)

Light on the pedal, are you?!?:D:D:D

Most the time it's foot in oil pan, however it's not going to get much better than 7.1

Previous week was 6.9 due to heavy load and many hills. Should see the digits pass by when filling both thanks. Stupid really.

Hindsight, it'll run two days straight before needing another fill. About 2300kms but that's running way too close to empty which is a no no in the winters.

44k lbs of premium blue dog food don't move itself. Maybe downhill but not up.

Yep, my '07 XKR with the blown 4.2, ZF6 and 3.31 rear pulled 29 mpg running 70 mph a couple weeks ago. It drops to 25 ish at 80 and 23 at 90. In spite of my hooligan mode around town still pulls 19 mpg average.

If I ever went back to an LS I'd do a body swap to a S type R and really have an amazing hot rod Lincoln.

Here we go... I highly doubt I will ever be able to beat or match this the rest of the time I own this car. Same trip into work, 30 miles, 2 highway merges. Traffic helped... heavy volume but moving such that driving 55-65 was okay and you wouldn't get run over.
20170623_082449.jpg

^ Nice hypermiling

Point #9 ^
When possible, consider drafting off larger vehicles.

Aahhhh NO !!! Not recommended, against the law and very dangerous, leaves little to no reaction time.

~ see they equipped your LS with the slow dash. :p

Members online

Back