Easiest way to hub swap?

james yarosz

LVC Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to buy wheels and tires for my 96 mark 8.The only wheels I like only come in the Mustang lug pattern.I am looking for the easiest way to do the hub swap.Don,t care about the price just want the least labor intensive.Would also like to do big brakes at the same time.Does any manufacturer make a kit that will work without any custom fabrication?

buy cobra 94-04 hub/calipers/rotors/pads/brackets for the front.
remove stock brakes. remove 5x108 hub. install 5x114 hub. install cobra brakes.
will probably need to grind on the stock brake hose a bit for clearance. or use stainless brake lines.

redrill the rear hub with a drill template. will probably take a few extra bits.
leave the rear brake setup as is. drill right through the rotor as well.

and done.

Drill-guide-price

Ok so I ordered the guide from Rotten Leonards to drill the rear hubs and rotors.Will the guide work on the front hubs and rotors since the wheels I want(Chrome torq thrusts) say they won,t work with big brakes because the spokes curve in too much.

Hey Chris,one more question.My front rotors are ok but I wouldn,t mind putting new ones on.Can I buy a Mustang rotor that will fit and be ok with the mark 8 caliper.

Does anyone have a price list or a write up for this. I'd like to do the swap without alot of fabrication. I've seen Mustang axels with hubs for about 200 wasnt sure if they'd work. If so what else if need

I ordered my Mustang front hubs off e-bay.They were price from $20 apiece on up.I ordered a set of Timken brand hubs thinking they would be better quality.they were about $130 a pair.Turns out they are made in S.Korea.Will see how long they last.

Members online

Back