95 Mark VIII Headlights suddenly flashing

THEMOJOMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I haven't been on for ages. I've been sick with 2 diff operations. I'm 77 not a young ThunderChicken or CurbJumper like most of you. I have a 95 Mark 46,000 miles on here. Since being sick I haven't driven it for over a year. I start it every few weeks in the garage. I was so sick a while back I let the battery run completely down ,,So I put a trickle charger 8amp on her leaving the negative cable on the battery. Anyway yesterday my wife was doing laundry and she thought she saw the headlights flash,,,and sure enough they did it again. How long they had been doing that we don't know as we're not in the garage that much. So I tried to start her,,still just one slight click. Then I realized I should have had the negative cable off until I knew the battery was up. So I took it off and re-connected the trickle charger with it off. What made those headlights blink quickly like that

Last edited:
Sounds like your battery didn't have enough amps. When I test lights, I sometimes use a 3 amp power supply, and the lights will come on for 10-15 seconds. I hook them up to a battery jumper, and they stay on. The trickle charger will take a long time to get your battery fully charged. Could be new battery time, they do have a life span.

Members online

No members online now.
Back