transmission

oh no, if it was just out of spec you would have got reverse back after a battery disconnect, break-in procedure or not. sounds like you have a good deal on a newer trans tho

Damn, I still think you've got one of the slickest first gens out there! Hope the new tranny gets everything running smoothly again (im sure it will).

Thanks man. I appreciate that. i try lol

Jrand, thanks for that tip

My LS

CAM00310.jpg

CAM00311.jpg

is getting a transplant soon!

CAM00318.jpg

CAM00319.jpg

There is blood on it Dude !

you know what that means, don't ya !

You could swap the solenoid, filter and servos yourself for around $600. I doubt it's a fun project though.

Hi, I have an 02 LS. do you know where I can get solenoid and modified servos?
thank you, Lady LS

The problems with this 5R55S trans sounds very similar to what you're describing. I just started the rebuild of my 5R55N yesterday, it was driving, shifting fine until one morning it just wouldn't move. I'll post pics in a new thread as I go. I wouldn't be afraid to go with a used trans just make sure you get some kind of warranty. Or you could do the rebuild yourself, looks easy enough right?? Lol

5R55N.jpg

IMG_20170509_230220_zps3glgdquc.jpg

IMG_20170509_230018_zpsi9myh4ge.jpg

You could swap the solenoid, filter and servos yourself for around $600. I doubt it's a fun project though.
The solenoid pack is relatively easy to replace once the pan is off, the valve body stays in place and the gasket is reusable. I haven't gotten to the servos yet so I'll let you know today when I finish my teardown.
In the pics is the solenoid pack removed with the gasket and it's located in the bottom right of the trans. The hole in the case is where the connecter goes through and plugs into the harness. Mine is a 5R55N from an 02

IMG_20170509_230018_zpsi9myh4ge.jpg

IMG_20170509_230237_zps82zamvxk.jpg

I was finally able to sign into my regular account and I finished my teardown. All of the forward bands and drums looked pretty good, nothing other than normal wear. Got to the rear of the case where 5th and reverse are and the reverse band and drum are smoked, and the reverse planet has been eating itself up on the bearring in the rear of the case. That bearring is stuck to the case and will be a bitch to get off. The servo is also full of garbage as you see in the pics.
I will take the case to a trans shop for cleaning and drilling out the servo bores and installing bushings. A special jig is used to keep the holes straight in the case. Now the hard part is identifying the right hard parts and getting a master kit. I might throw a used one in just so I can have the car back and take my time with this trans

1494437517010.jpg

IMG_20170510_150306.jpg

IMG_20170510_150245.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back