Rear Suspension - Too high

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I looked around on the forums trying to find something that related to this. But, I anyhow, didn't find much. Therefore I resort to this. Here's the situation; I adjusted the front many months ago to give my Mark a positive rake. No problems, worked fine. So, recently I tried to do the rear and only managed to strip the unyielding bolts, and receive and error message. So I didn't even get to adjust it really, here's the proceedure; I unbolted the lower bolt and set the sensor ontop of the a-arm upright (hard to explain, bear with me), I then started the car and it began it's cycle, I observed the sensor resting on the a-arm (so it didn't slip off since it was no longer secured on the bottom) Makes sense, right? Instead, it raised the rear to it's MAX height and throws out an error code for the suspension, and refuses to lower. I put everything back to how it was before, same thing - any idea's? It looks ridiculous, and I'm stumped.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it.

Two bolts up top. One will be removed and one will be loosened enough for the bracket to be bumped upward a little. The more you extend the rear sensor, the lower the car will be. Might take several attempts to get desired height. Only the loosened bolt will be tightened, and it doesn't require "extreme tightness" because it never has up and down pressure. Just good and snug will be fine. Other bolt remains out.
rearsensordiagram.gif

Two bolts up top. One will be removed and one will be loosened enough for the bracket to be bumped upward a little. The more you extend the rear sensor, the lower the car will be. Might take several attempts to get desired height. Only the loosened bolt will be tightened, and it doesn't require "extreme tightness" because it never has up and down pressure. Just good and snug will be fine. Other bolt remains out.
View attachment 828487455

Ah, I just assumed it was like the front because that would make sense. But apparently not. Even after just putting everything back the way it was, I still get an error code though?

If you car is still sitting too high in the back and you have your sensor set back to where it was and it won't lower, you can always let the air out of the bags, let it air back up and see where it goes from there.

If you car is still sitting too high in the back and you have your sensor set back to where it was and it won't lower, you can always let the air out of the bags, let it air back up and see where it goes from there.

Well, earlier today I attempted to adjust it once more and it just threw out another "CHECK AIR RIDE SYSTEM". I must've damaged the sensor, or something. By manually doing this, I worry about letting equal amounts of air out so it's level. But, I suppose I'll need instructions since I've never done this. So, how do I deflate the bags?
I appreciate it.

While it's jacked up, I just always unplugged the airline's and that let's all the air out. When you start it up it will inflate some and you'll have to restart again to finish the inflate.

Alright, y'all - still the same problem. I get the error code to check the suspension. Is it time accept the sensor is f***ed? Because if the sensor is screwed, I'd want to swap it to coils. But here's the thing; my Mark has almost 173K miles, so would it be even worth installing coils at this point?
I appreciate all the help, fellas.

A used sensor is maybe $25
And 10 minutes work
A used coil swap is minimum $200 and a days work.
Your logic is off

As for the miles that don't mean anything
It's all about how the car was cared for

Markviiidrea just bought a 240k mile mark and invested money to convert it to a 5 speed manual and it's still on air

A used sensor is maybe $25
And 10 minutes work
A used coil swap is minimum $200 and a days work.
Your logic is off

Well, when it comes to stuff like that - I'd be buying brand new. Warranties, returns, etc; so there's no need to question my logic. Before me, I haven't a clue how it was taken care of. But I do know this site has helped a lot with making sure it's on the road.

Members online

No members online now.
Back