New Gen 2 LSE Bumpers

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new '06 LSE bumper from the dealer for $402.11. FoMoCo has phased out all the sport and chrome gen 2 bumpers. They are redirecting everyone to the gen 2 LSE bumper. I got mine on discount. Because I had been a loyal customer for 15 years. Originally the bumper was going to cost me $552.96. If you are wanting a gen 2 LSE bumper, now is the time to get one. The one supplier the dealer talked to had 16 of them.

I'm buying at least 5 of them, you turds can pay me double later. :p

Thanks for the heads up. Might need another one too, just in case

In case that turbo melts the current one?
I forget, did you have to cut into the cover to make it work?

Thanks for the info RollinLS. That would be cool to get the insurance company to use one of these vs. a used or repaired bumper cover if or when you happened to be involved in a minor front collision.

Okay, I have to admit that I really like the look of the Gen II LSE / '06 only front bumper and that it would be cool on the front end of my '04 Sport, but... the car has a pitiful wholesale value and I can't see spending that kind of money just to change the looks of the front end plus you would need other trim parts to complete the job.

Thinking this way makes me wonder if there is anyone left out there that is willing to spend that kind of discretionary money on these cars - heck I can't even sell a set of NIB StopTech SS braid brake hoses for $100, let alone the LSD swap pieces/parts. Maybe I should just install the parts on my car and be done with it. Also makes me wonder if anyone would even offer me decent money to take my 58K mile example off my hands. Lord knows none of the dealerships wanted it in on trade when I bought my new daily driver a few months ago.

Oh well sorry, I will get off my soap box now.

Deacon, I've been eyeing your diff sale thread for a while, but I just don't think I want an eaton (haven't decided yet).

Otherwise I'm still dumb enough to spend $$ on my depreciating asset. :)

Thanks for the info RollinLS. That would be cool to get the insurance company to use one of these vs. a used or repaired bumper cover if or when you happened to be involved in a minor front collision.

Okay, I have to admit that I really like the look of the Gen II LSE / '06 only front bumper and that it would be cool on the front end of my '04 Sport, but... the car has a pitiful wholesale value and I can't see spending that kind of money just to change the looks of the front end plus you would need other trim parts to complete the job.

Thinking this way makes me wonder if there is anyone left out there that is willing to spend that kind of discretionary money on these cars - heck I can't even sell a set of NIB StopTech SS braid brake hoses for $100, let alone the LSD swap pieces/parts. Maybe I should just install the parts on my car and be done with it. Also makes me wonder if anyone would even offer me decent money to take my 58K mile example off my hands. Lord knows none of the dealerships wanted it in on trade when I bought my new daily driver a few months ago.

Oh well sorry, I will get off my soap box now.

Yup, most all LSes out there now are worth about the same value as one or two of the major parts (front bumpers being one).

It will only get worse as times goes on and more LSes get wrecked and retired in junkyards.

The LS is definitely in the batch of cars that are worth more to the owner than they are in market value. My LS is my daily driver and without it, I would be forced into a new vehicle and a likely car payment. My LS is probably worth $1800 on paper, but to me it is worth much more.

I understand, I love my LS as well - its just doesn't fit all me needs right now, so I had to go out and buy a new daily driver. I still haven't put the LS for sale yet (much to the chagrin of my wife) and try to drive it once a week.

Well I'm guess im in the minority. I prefer the LSE/06 bumber and like John I will also be getting one. Just taking care of some other things first not to mention I just bought another Mark VIII LSC. So like most cars these days they're not worth much especially a car that many journalists said had quality issues. Hell I would reckon the Mark VIII is more desireable than the LS even though it's newer and was arguably faster (2nd GEN V8).

Members online

Back