What did you do to your LS today?

Forgot to post,
We had some overnight freezing rain last Tuesday ... insisted she not go into work ... yeah I'd have better luck finding Sport shocks for an LS. She barely scrapped some of the ice off all around, starts to back out of the driveway. Always cautious not to get anywhere near my other Lincoln or the Silverado. Goes out on an angle ... I'm inside in my jammies with a coffee in hand mumbling to the dog perhaps she should straighten out soon.

No .... like a houseplant on drugs, she continues to back and slide off the edge of the gravel (rather tall build up) onto the lawn with the left rear ... I look at the dog, what's mommy doing? I ask ... we watch as she attempts to go back and forth a bit and then slides the front wheel onto the lawn also. 03 LS now sitting completely half on the driveway gravel and half on the lawn.

I tell the dog ... you go fix it ... I'm going back to bed!

Story ends with me having to clear ice from glass on the 04 LSE and Silverado, 04 on the roadway, Silverado backed way into back of driveway and angled towards the 03 with a tow strap around her lower front control arm. Gently yank it back onto the driveway and put it on the road.

Sure you should be going to work today dear? Fn didn't exactly make it out of the driveway now did ya?

I have to go in today, important meetings and reports due, she says.

I'm like ... anymore trouble, call the dog! :D

Should have snapped a pic! Too funny!

Texted me later, made it into work alright.

Replaced the RF window regulator with a new Motorcraft unit (w/o motor), pretty simple procedure.

Hey RigsLs showed my wife the post, we sure had a good laugh out of that. & CypressLs I also took my wife for a speed drive one night(110mph), now she is scared to ride with me in my car after that night lol

Just returned from a 5000 mile roadtrip in my '04 LS. Central Texas - Pennsylvania, running around visiting family, and return to Texas. No significant issues encountered, car ran extremely well the whole way. Hit a little snow, but nothing significant. Certainly a much more pleasant ride than if I had taken my truck!

Took notice of some sort of bump sound in the back of the 04 LSE. Spirited driving of course.
Ah! ... on the last battery swap, the hold down bracket was apparently not important at the time. (minus stupid outside excuse)

~ fastened down the battery in the 04 LSE
~ cleaned the bottom of all doors and sills.

:confused:

Bought a LS:)

IMG_3415.JPG

Rollin still in the game!
Time to prep the mod list.

+1

Replaced the rear deck speakers...and while I was at it, vacuumed and cleaned stuff around the rear set...I'm one penny richer for all my efforts. :/

Just replaced the 4 door speakers today with 6x8's...
Stock system sounds good now. :)

Last edited:
Put the summer wheels/tires back on her and bleed the front brakes. The peal feels firmer, but i still don't like the long peal travel.

I did some pcm test to find out why my trans is not working properly. NO luck :(

My car seated for 8 months, just dust off.
rear side.jpg

Honestly on your next exhaust set up possibly think of going with the one-in-the-tunnel set up. Much better if you ask me.

Front plate gone and pinstriping gone. Pulling transmission to have it rebuilt.

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3457.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3460.JPG

1 single Magnaflow # 11386 - 4" x 9" x 14" Dual In/Out Satin Stainless 2.5" True X core design,
positioned in the tunnel, resonators deleted, 2.5" piping w/ chrome Magnaflow tips.

Pics >>>> What did you do to your LS today?

Thanks for the pics, video and part numbers RigsLS. I've been doing research for a while and I like the sound and the cleanliness of the setup. Since I am building this car for my son when he turns sixteen this year, I don't want a ton of cackle and pop, but I still want it loud enough that when he starts it up in my ex's driveway every morning, it's loud enough for her to hear up in her ivory tower :)

10-4 @CypressLS

Keep in mind I run the K&N intake on that 04 as well which adds to the sound a bit on WOT (foot in oil pan, Wide Open Throttle)

Forgot to mention the K&N intake was added to open it up a bit more.

attachment.php?attachmentid=828475516&d=1458656980.jpg

It made a noticeable difference in the sound. Exhaust has also had a month to settle in.

Depending on where you live, salty roads and such, you might opt for Stainless Steel on the 2.5 piping .... adds to the final cost but last much longer.

I do appreciate that sounding setup more then the two Bassani's I put on my 01 V8 Sport, had I known back then it would have gotten the single true x cross over MagnaFlow muffler instead.

Just gut it right after the CAT's and rebuild, nix the resonators also. A bit of drone but not enough to drown out a conversation between two people.

I always love a good beatin' on my 04 with that 1-in-the-tunnel setup as I like to call it.

Good luck
Pics if possible when done.

+1

Took the first road trip to the original selling dealer in Santa Maria 1) to test the chains and such 2) to try and get some more facts about the 'LSC' variant I have. 1) baby ran like a champ 2) turned up bupkis.

Seems most any lincoln dealer has folded into Ford dealership now, and if anyone was selling/servicing cars with lincoln back then they are retired or not necessarily with ford anymore. Did get a card from a fellow Lincoln LS owner I ran into there for a guy in another small town out that way, can call for lead maybe.

The story is not over yet!

Members online

No members online now.
Back