Headlight help.

95mark8newyork

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a 95 base with the stock halogens. If i were too buy a pair of LSC hid's in the future, what would i need to run them in my car since the original headlights are the halogens. I would try searching but my computer is acting weird and i barely got away with posting this. Thanks

Buy dlf's adapters and get an aftermarket HID kit with 9006 bulbs 35 watt with your choice of bulb brightness, go with 4300k to 6000k...everything can be bought online..message dlf on here and see if he has any adapters or go on eBay there are some for.sale there right now, and Google "9006 35w hid kit" buy the ones with the slim balasts..all of this will work with your current wiring, it will plug right in.

Buy dlf's adapters and get an aftermarket HID kit with 9006 bulbs 35 watt with your choice of bulb brightness, go with 4300k to 6000k...everything can be bought online..message dlf on here and see if he has any adapters or go on eBay there are some for.sale there right now, and Google "9006 35w hid kit" buy the ones with the slim balasts..all of this will work with your current wiring, it will plug right in.

thanks kev, i'll go look.

ddmtuning.com for hids

yeah. i like DDM. had good luck.

also, to put in the LSC housings, i had to grind on the headlight header panel. there isn't much room behind the light and they are a slightly different shape or something.

yeah. i like DDM. had good luck.

also, to put in the LSC housings, i had to grind on the headlight header panel. there isn't much room behind the light and they are a slightly different shape or something.

+1... header panel has a different design in the back. I just grabbed a set of pliers & ripped the chunks I needed off. Not as clean but SUPER FAST! The headerpanel is made of fiberglass so the pieces come off super easy.

No need for trimming on the 95s..mine fit perfectly fine..I want to say the header panels were different in anticipation for the HID housings that came at the end of 95.

How does one change the chrome trim strip on the bottom of the assembly without breaking the plastic tabs?

How does one change the chrome trim strip on the bottom of the assembly without breaking the plastic tabs?
Gen 2 I assume
I use 3 or 4 small flat head screw drivers
Push the trim slightly in towards the lens and use screw driver to push the tab down on the trim and pull the trim slightly away leaving the screw driver in place then start the next one .

Members online

Back