My $300 LS build

Ironically... I almost never was. My mom almost fell out of a vehicle with Suicide doors as a teenager. Door opened by itself. To hear grandma tell that story was almost horrific.

Oh the entire build will be documented in this thread
And don't worry modern suicide doors, with safety latches will not open on their own

I will not be shaving or having electronic latches i will be switching L & R rear door handels and relocating them to the front of the door for a factory look just lije the old Lincolns

Exactly, I grew up building street rods in my grandpas shop, so i tend to have a thing for retro, but will have more modern equipment than most new cars
We'll get to that part later

popcorn.png

Yeah... I saw the thread where you cleaned up the passenger side of the engine compartment. You did a nice job!!! While I have always admired that side of the "car domain",,, my thought has always been more focused on the engine and chassis "performance" issue. I have always been more of a "drag strip" and "oval track" guy.

Hope you and I can still get along. :)

Don't get me wrong... I have seen plenty of cars and trucks that focused on looks... and admired the work done to them. Artistry has many forms... when it comes to vehicles. I even enjoy the military "resto" side.

Yeah... I saw the thread where you cleaned up the passenger side of the engine compartment. You did a nice job!!! While I have always admired that side of the "car domain",,, my thought has always been more focused on the engine and chassis "performance" issue. I have always been more of a "drag strip" and "oval track" guy.

Hope you and I can still get along. :)
In my adult years I've been more road course/ autocross. But Im a car guy through and through, Even if its not my style I will never bash someone about their style, and always show them respect.
Here is my most recent track build. The silver Infiniti G35 sedan, it was on the road course every weekend!

IMG_99612123853210.jpeg

Don't get me wrong... I have seen plenty of cars and trucks that focused on looks... and admired the work done to them. Artistry has many forms... when it comes to vehicles. I even enjoy the military "resto" side.
The LS build will be a total package type build. looks, performance, comfort

Even the "purists" that want everything authentic!!! I've drooled over authentic "by the numbers" plum Superbirds and... Yenco Camaros. The kids these days don't understand the combination of raw power and artistry that went into cars of "yesteryear".

Even the "purists" that want everything authentic!!! I've drooled over authentic "by the numbers" plum Superbirds and... Yenco Camaros. The kids these days don't understand the combination of raw power and artistry that went into cars of "yesteryear".
They have absolutely no idea. I've built cars from 1929 to the newest was probably a 2014. The Lincoln is the 78th car that I've had titled in my name. I may be young to most but was basically born under a car with a wrench in hand.

Back in the day of "true" NASCAR,,, it was "run what you brung". Petty and Chrysler/Dodge dominated with the 426 hemi for a number of years,,, starting in 1964. Ford answered with the "Boss" 429.

It still was interesting,,, even in later years of NASCAR... when it was allowed to "rub and bump". These guys lived the true life of "the fast and furious"... not the fake dreams of the streets drummed up by the movie industry:

and:

Daytona 500 1979: Donnie Allison and Cale Yarborough fight!

The real footage is hard to find. Nascar wants to portray a "kinder gentler" form of racing,,, and they now ban over agressive actions, (although the Logano/Busch conflict of a week ago... was almost "old school".

Having a hard time finding the actual footage of the fight. Seems it might be buried now.

This is when men were men,,, and when most Nascar guys came from moonshiners,,, and when love was shown between drivers... by fists.

Back in the day... we had bullys in high school. The fights were settled in restrooms outside of the eyes of teachers. Those that stood their ground,,, got some respect!!! Those that stood up for others,,, gave the protection to those that couldn't stand up for themselves.

NOW... we have "cyber bullying",,, causing many kids to commit suicide,,, because most things are now "socially acceptible"... and no-one knows who to stand up for. Seems many kids today,,, need their ass kicked... to get their head on straight.

I apologize for the "hijack"... but there are many things wrong in this world today. I have many friends... who's asses i have kicked,,, and my ass has been kicked very little, (I only stood up for the truth). Then there are others who's asses have been kicked by a few, (at the same time), because they were "out of line" for what they did.

I'm gonna get off my "soapbox" now. I guess I'm becoming an "old codger" at this point.

Cam... any help here??? Again... sorry for the hijack.

Back in the day of "true" NASCAR,,, it was "run what you brung". Petty and Chrysler/Dodge dominated with the 426 hemi for a number of years,,, starting in 1964. Ford answered with the "Boss" 429.

It still was interesting,,, even in later years of NASCAR... when it was allowed to "rub and bump". These guys lived the true life of "the fast and furious"... not the fake dreams of the streets drummed up by the movie industry:

and:

Daytona 500 1979: Donnie Allison and Cale Yarborough fight!

The real footage is hard to find. Nascar wants to portray a "kinder gentler" form of racing,,, and they now ban over agressive actions, (although the Logano/Busch conflict of a week ago... was almost "old school".

Having a hard time finding the actual footage of the fight. Seems it might be buried now.

This is when men were men,,, and when most Nascar guys came from moonshiners,,, and when love was shown between drivers... by fists.

Back in the day... we had bullys in high school. The fights were settled in restrooms outside of the eyes of teachers. Those that stood their ground,,, got some respect!!! Those that stood up for others,,, gave the protection to those that couldn't stand up for themselves.

NOW... we have "cyber bullying",,, causing many kids to commit suicide,,, because most things are now "socially acceptible"... and no-one knows who to stand up for. Seems many kids today,,, need their ass kicked... to get their head on straight.

I apologize for the "hijack"... but there are many things wrong in this world today. I have many friends... who's asses i have kicked,,, and my ass has been kicked very little, (I only stood up for the truth). Then there are others who's asses have been kicked by a few, (at the same time), because they were "out of line" for what they did.

I'm gonna get off my "soapbox" now. I guess I'm becoming an "old codger" at this point.

Cam... any help here??? Again... sorry for the hijack.

Hijack is much appreciated... I completely agree with everything you said. Juat had this conversation at work the other day, i have a bit of a short fuse with the "entitled generation".

Yeah Stealth... i know you didn't start this thread,,, just to step into the "poo-poo". I apologize for that! Maybe this thread will give other "parents" a "heads up"... and give them courage to "be there" for their child.

Sorry... I'm venting at this point.

That and hanging out some dirty laundry on a public forum.
Reality check Bud! Bad deal with the Son and all but ... Reddit don't need to know it. ;)

Members online

Back