rear tie rod ends?

Ah, don't sweat the small stuff, least I was honest. At the very least take comfort in the fact that I myself can only hope to be out trying to out run others at that age.

Managed to use the hack saw to get one side off. Probably going to have to do the same on the other side. The wire brush is a good idea.

That's called "Old School vs New School". Not giving you a hard time... just the way i learned it was,,, (if that makes sense)??? Hope you got an education.

1- This part needs to come out

0- is me taking this part out going to fuck something else up?

1-How do I take this part out in the simplest way... so as not to fuck something else up???

Lesson 1-0-0... if the above doesn't make sense,,, then don't ask how to work on your own vehicle.

I'm not being a jerk at this point... but waiting for the understanding.

That's called "Old School vs New School". Not giving you a hard time... just the way i learned it was,,, (if that makes sense)??? Hope you got an education.

1- This part needs to come out

0- is me taking this part out going to fuck something else up?

1-How do I take this part out in the simplest way... so as not to fuck something else up???

It all turned out okay. I was pretty patient with the hacksaw. Small strokes in a tight area. Didn't hit the fuel tank and didn't hit any kind of brake lines etc. Honestly, I don't know if the wire brush would have helped. The torque required to hold the ball joint was just way too much to get that nyloc off the last portion of threads. The locking nut would start to strip. Not sure why I need a 1-0-1, 1-0-2, and 1-0-0. Thanks for the help nonetheless!

Glad you got it done. I was just being kinda silly-stupid. Education 101 is an old term... and not specifically directed at you,,, but to anyone not very familiar with working on/problem solving vehicles.

I meant no offense. I was just offering a basic thought process that should be applied when doing any repair.

My apology if I offended you.

Members online

Back