Intake manifold crack

BCRON

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 TC and when I look under the intake Manifold can see a crack in the plastic. Looks like foam behind it. Now will this become a problem? Also was looking at a new intake and was looking at a Ford Racing M9424P46 Intake Manifold. Will this work?
Thanks for any info,
Ron

I would think this is a problem. It was common on the early 4.6l V8's. The crack will develop a leak over time.

Does it leak at all now??

From my research the part number you provided is correct. Here is a link to Summit Racing's website. Keep in mind you will need a gasket set for this intake its not included. The alternator bracket might need to be modified or get a new one to fit this intake. Talk to one of the reps and they will tell you.

Ford Performance Parts 4.6L Performance Improvement Intake Manifolds M-9424-P46

Summits phone # 1-800-230-3030

Hope this helps you out

Looking into it further, it looks like it's the intake insulator. The intake it's self is fine. Asked the service rep at Ford about it and he said if it was his car he would silicone the Crack and let it go enless the manifold was leaking. In order to fix it you have to pull off the intake manifold and he said if you do that you better replace it cause it will crack.

Members online

Back