Never knew I was a Lover of Lincolns

Jeff Freeman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, its Jeff from Vegas. I never knew that I would love Lincolns as much as I do now. I have a 99 Lincoln town car sig series. Really is super nice. I had an issue with it just recently. You could drive it about 15 to 20 minutes and everything was fine. Shut it off and go into a store for same amount of time and then come out and try to start it. The engine would just crank over and not fire at all. Wait for an hour or so and then it would start and run just fine. Found out it was the relay for the fuel pump getting too hot. Changed out the relay and bada bing! No more problems. Just thought I would share that, but with you guys that is probably old news. I have another question. I am thinking on buying a very nice inside and out Lincoln MK VIII 1995. But the owner says the only problem with it is the Clock spring is bad and the cruise control and the horn doesn't work. Has anyone figured out if a newer clock spring would fit and work? I know I read about the 97 or 99 using a 2000 or 2001 clock spring but was curious if that would for a 95? Anyone heard of anything? If I bought this, is that all that the clock spring deals with on a 95? I mean a guy could live without both of those for such a beautiful car if he had to, or could it get worse? Thank you for reading and looking forward to your comments.

Welcome, you could get a clockspring from Carlos, racebronco, in CA, or Bruce, dbleb88, in NH. Post in parts wanted, and there will be some response. Mark VIII is nothing like a town car. I like the 95's, had mine 17 years

Welcome, you could get a clockspring from Carlos, racebronco, in CA, or Bruce, dbleb88, in NH. Post in parts wanted, and there will be some response. Mark VIII is nothing like a town car. I like the 95's, had mine 17 years
Hey thank you for responding to me. I do appreciate it. I am trying to figure out if I should buy this 95 and how bad it may break my piggy bank if it had problems. The guy wants 2000 for it. I was thinking about offering 1200. whats your thoughts?

00F0F_dEQ5mexpRxE_600x450.jpg

00k0k_bya7zQ1e92q_600x450.jpg

01414_pP9lJhmCX6_600x450.jpg

With the pics you posted, it looks like it was taken care of. The headlights are not going to be bright enough. If you can, have the front end checked out, ball joints, strut bushings, tie rod ends, etc. It seems common the front end parts go bad around 100K miles. The wheels are not on properly, they should hook to the rear. They are directional wheels. $1200 would be a good price. If it's a Vegas car, chances no rust. Try and get any paperwork to see what has been done to the car.
95 new tires-2.jpg

that guy says that the Lincoln sat for some years and the air bags and the air shocks were taken out. Plus a new radiator. no front end work was done to the car. Sounds like someone else is buying it for 1700 though. Sucks but I really want to be careful buying a new car like that. I need it for commute drive of 52 miles a day

Members online

Back