Traction Control Engaged For No Reason

Dr.Mark

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I had the front apart for strut rod bushings and since then alot of times if I take off from a start and get above 1/4 throttle the TC light comes on and it takes power like I'm spinning. If I stop and turn it off it drives fine.
If I had a bad wheel speed sensor would it turn on the check engine light? I left the wheel sensors plugged in but removed the wire from the hangers and didn't stretch them, I left the spindle on the lower ball joint. Any suggestions?

I read this after I posted it and it would have to be the speed sensor, there's nothing else it could be and it was fine till I swapped bushings..... Duh huh... Where do I delete this post

I had the same thing happen to me, the biggest problem is the front ABS sensors are discontinued.

Great! Haha whatdid you do to fix the problem? Could it be a piece of rust or something stuck to the magnet maybe? Its intermittent like every other time I start it and drive

You could try cleaning them and the tone ring, in case you're lucky and its just dirty. Use brake clean and a brass brush to clean up the tone rings and look for cracks, you can use a thin lint free rag and brake clean to clean the sensor itself. I eventually got a used some from a guy whose eBay handle is Racebronco2. He parts out Marks. I haven't had a chance to put them in yet but it should solve it. By the way If you put any other strut rod bushings in but the Ford ones get rid of them ASAP.

I had mine done 4 times in a year and they eventually ruined my subframe. Im actually having it replaced in the next 2 weeks. You can get a kit off ebay for about $200 that had stainless steel spacers and brand new Motorcraft bushings. Also the front bar comes off to make it easy and you should torque them to spec to help avoid damage.

I only replaced the rod to LCA bushings, I'll do the frame side soon. And I doubt I'd be able to get the speed sensors off without breaking them. Pretty crusty under there.

Mine were too, so What I did was I took the rotor off and just cleaned it that way.You can get to everything.

I had a sensor problem, baked on grease. Grease got on it, baked because of heat from bad wheel bearing. Brake cleaner wouldn't clean it. I scraped the crap off with a razor blade, cleaned it, and it metered same as a new one.

Members online

Back