Exaggerated or wide body panel gaps quarter panel etc

theg1ft

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I might be delusional. All the time and money dumped into this LS has turned me into a paranoid car hypochondriac.

I'm in need of rear toe adjust link and end replace. Recently the gaps between certain exterior body components became more noticeable to me. No idea if this is my imagination or not, but I wonder if failing suspension components can cause this. Here are some photos.
20170216_073844.jpg
20170216_073808.jpg

20170216_073808.jpg

20170216_073903.jpg

20170216_073805.jpg

20170216_073852.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect that you are just now noticing what has been all along, unless you have been shooting the rapids or making Dukes of Hazard jumps with your LS. Suspension issues aren't going to stretch or bend the body.

I suspect that you are just now noticing what has been all along, unless you have been shooting the rapids or making Dukes of Hazard jumps with your LS. Suspension issues aren't going to stretch or bend the body.
I have not :rolleyes:

Jokes aside the suspension seems pretty shit since I drove halfway across the country with my car loaded down with as much as I could fit. Plus the highways are shit in Washington compared with Missouri.

The DEW98 is a very stiff and still modern platform. Panel gaps would not just appear -- although I suppose that if some of the rubber is shrinking, that could account for a perception of this.

If you were to see vertical gaps that have widened at the upper or lower end, you might surmise a problem underneath. I don't see any of that sort of thing showing.

KS

As long as the car doesn't have a salvage title... or accident history,,, I'd say it's your imagination. Those gaps look similar to what I see on my LS.

are the gaps different on one side than they are on the other?

Probably just needs new coils, that'll fix them gaps.

well to be honest, the best pictures in the world wouldn't be as good as just looking at the car and even taken measurements right there...

Members online

No members online now.
Back