Thinking Out Loud (Paint)

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I hope to get the body damage and paint repaired on ny car. I've got a pretty minor dent along the bottom passengers door, and a pretty banged up drivers side quater panel. As well as plenty of little paintchips. Roughly, how much would it cost to fix a car with minor body damage and respray factory (ivory-pearl metallic) cost, do you think?

Also! I read a little thing about interior color schemes. And either missed mine, or it wasn't listed. I don't have the numbers, but my upper trim accents (dash, upper door skins) is like a graphite, and the lower portion (carpet, lower door skins) is tan. Is that a rare color combination? Or did I completely miss it? Thank you for reading!

So, I hope to get the body damage and paint repaired on ny car. I've got a pretty minor dent along the bottom passengers door, and a pretty banged up drivers side quater panel. As well as plenty of little paintchips. Roughly, how much would it cost to fix a car with minor body damage and respray factory (ivory-pearl metallic) cost, do you think?

Also! I read a little thing about interior color schemes. And either missed mine, or it wasn't listed. I don't have the numbers, but my upper trim accents (dash, upper door skins) is like a graphite, and the lower portion (carpet, lower door skins) is tan. Is that a rare color combination? Or did I completely miss it? Thank you for reading!
To straighten the door sigh unseen 5 hrs and 2.5 hrs paint. 7.5x 60 hr , 450 labor 50 materials = tax 500=540.00 , replace 1/4 pannel =8 hr lobor 3 hr paint time 11x 60 660.00 labor plus 1/4 pann cost., 1200 rough guess. Paint whole car 1000.00 down to 600.00

That's a very cheap estimate
If you plan on keeping the car long term
Look to spend 5k

You will find that those who have seriously gotten into cars, and this one in particular, have developed skills to mitigate the above prices.

Really, you have to be able to do a lot of DIY, learn how, or be rich, that works too. ;)

That's a very cheap estimate
If you plan on keeping the car long term
Look to spend 5k
I owned a triumph tr 6 in 1978. Thru doing things like removing bumber, chrome and stripping it down thus saving me 40 hr labor then. I found a expert painter to paint it br racing green in emeron paint,300.00, I supplied the materials, 100.00 I had another fella do the body work before painting it. 250.00, I had the bumpers rechromed All snaps and decals bought thru the roadster factor in Indiana pa. I re assembled the car after the painting was ready. All was put back orginal. , I had 1000.00 in it .One not spend 5000 if they are smart shoppers and like being a diyer.

I think prices have gone up since 1978, but the point is valid. Read any of the car magazines and they'll give you the same advice on saving money during a paint job.

I think prices have gone up since 1978, but the point is valid. Read any of the car magazines and they'll give you the same advice on saving money during a paint job.
One other thing, Its a labor of love ,more care , attention to detail over what a shop , although there are some that do hi grade work, than the average shop because you own the car. Removing all the stuff and leaving the body stripped allows the finished car to look never painted. Masking is what shops do but removing things is too costly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back