What did you do to your LS today?

Ebay... $30 bucks for the whole unit in black. I only needed the inner bracket that it clips into. If you need one in black, minus the clip, you are welcome to it.
I appreciate the offer but I also need only the inner plastic bracket with the three allen or bristol head screws. Single point of failure I guess.

I sold it! Well, traded it in to be more exact. My wife has been after me to renew my 2002 V6 LSE. I thought I would humor her by visiting some dealerships since I was in love with that car. Then Ford made me a deal on a 2016 V6 Mustang with 2400km on the clock. I still miss the Linc, especially when I try to stuff my hockey bag in the tiny trunk of the Mustang. And I thought the LS trunk was small!
I let it go with the ugly Lincoln 16" wheels and a set of worn out winter tires on it. Now I'm trying to unload a set of 17" tires and wheels with an oddball PCD Unfortunately, I don't have a good market for these in Canada. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

P1190061.JPG

P1150057.JPG

Wow that fixed it? I have awful squeaking and creaking mainly when I turn wheel a bit off center in either direction. Everyone thus far has said lower ball joints. This is interesting because I had done upper control arms and front shocks when the awful noise began.
Yes, I replaced all the front ball joints and the sqeeking happened all the time I was turning the steering, and over rough road surfaces. I also wanted to replace the sway bar bushings but the ones I got don't fit. My car is lowered with Jag shocks but the new caps made all the difference.

I sold it! Well, traded it in to be more exact. My wife has been after me to renew my 2002 V6 LSE. I thought I would humor her by visiting some dealerships since I was in love with that car. Then Ford made me a deal on a 2016 V6 Mustang with 2400km on the clock. I still miss the Linc, especially when I try to stuff my hockey bag in the tiny trunk of the Mustang. And I thought the LS trunk was small!
I let it go with the ugly Lincoln 16" wheels and a set of worn out winter tires on it. Now I'm trying to unload a set of 17" tires and wheels with an oddball PCD Unfortunately, I don't have a good market for these in Canada. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

View attachment 828486572

View attachment 828486573

GREAT CHOICE!!!!!

G Rell (@gt_rells550) • Instagram photos and videos

View attachment 828486572

View attachment 828486573
I like the new Mustang too, but maybe a year or two away for me..

I appreciate the offer but I also need only the inner plastic bracket with the three allen or bristol head screws. Single point of failure I guess.
Heyjewel just checking because we might be talking about different things. What I have has the three screw bracket that it pivots on in good shape. See the attached super awesome notated pic.

20170201_204357.png

Put our last LS up for sale... From 1 to 2 to 3 to 2 to 1 then no LSes... The end of an era.

May very well start to unload a couple of them this up coming summer as well.

Have an itch to drive rather then repair.

Someone's living high on the hog these days huh? Looks great G, next time invite me over for them ribs would ya!
HAHAHA not sure if the PUN was intentional ... but those are baby backs... I prefer a ST. Louis Spare!!! (so a bit lower on the hog!!!! )

Anytime my friend!!!

I was checking out your pics, got to the ribs fest and forgot all about your pony and the upside down heater. Very cool. You did right swapping the LS for the GT.

I gotta get into something different myself soon. Still looking like the 370Z

Last edited:
...you doubt my skills!!!!... that heater is right side up! with reverse engineered feet/brackets... NOW you want to doubt the common sense on having a heater 3" from my ceiling, go ahead!!!! (heaters on timer).

Well... Our last LS is gone...

I now have a full set of sport shocks, FRD-AUX/S (the iPod interface), Sirius adapter and custom intake (the Jag/LS conversion) for sale.

NoLS4me, sad day Michael, been a good run for you.

Starting to see a new trend as of late.

Do I dare sport the "Another one bites the Dust" by Queen for this occasion?

Last edited:
...you doubt my skills!!!!... that heater is right side up! with reverse engineered feet/brackets... NOW you want to doubt the common sense on having a heater 3" from my ceiling, go ahead!!!! (heaters on timer).

Anyone with a fancy tool box and garage like that I know better then to doubt, even if it is an upside down oil filled heater on a ceiling.

I kid ... I'll have another look at the pics when I get home to a bigger screen.

Oil filled? Heats enough? Nearby fan to blow it around?

I now have a full set of sport shocks, FRD-AUX/S (the iPod interface), Sirius adapter and custom intake (the Jag/LS conversion) for sale.
So how much for the full set of sport shocks?

Heyjewel just checking because we might be talking about different things. What I have has the three screw bracket that it pivots on in good shape. See the attached super awesome notated pic.

View attachment 828486576
I think I see the problem - your car (and visors) are Gen II. I'm older than that. My visor just flops around cause the plastic clamp thingy attaching it to the roof is busted. I'll get one at a boneyard when I have something besides a tiny part to fetch.

Hey - I hope you'll still pop up around here with your great advice.

Got some visor light LEDs and put them in since we're between too-cold-to-be-outside weather and do-actual-work-on-the-LS weather. Much easier than the overheads, and bright enough that I can be reminded how dirty my car is, even at night! I think it's worthwhile even if you don't usually put on makeup while driving.

https://goo.gl/photos/ZSh8D4KHKbXWGdee6
Just did this to my Mark VIII and it was well worth the minimal investment

IMG_20170204_145506.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back