Ls v8 Repost...need advice about engine repair

Really??? If it starts and runs... doesn't smoke,,, and doesn't make any unusual noises... then it's probably worth buying!!! Might still have to put some minor parts into it... but a running LS is worth more than an oversized boat anchor.
yes really, you talk as if the junkyard is set up like a new car lot...with keys and sht..the few yards I've been in all are like you pick and pull...no test before pull..no test at time of pull..and no test after...so little einstein if there is some way of starting an engine at the junkyard so i can see that it starts, doesn't smoke or have unusual noises to know that it is worth buying please inform me....

to quote 1LoudLS from another thread...

"I almost miss the days when the LS was not just something anyone with $300 dollars and a carton of menthols in their pocket could just go and trade somebody on craigslist..."
I wouldn't know...brought mine off the lot with 5 mis 15 yrs ago

The ALL party wanted to enter the war because they knew how much money they would make like ww1, Roosevelt didn't because of the depression he didn't believe it would help america.

Really??? Ask ANYONE from hte "old" generation... and they will say that war always helped the U.S. economy. lsmakemecry... you seem to keep changing your ideas,,, and what you are saying.

Joey and Rollin,,, Help... this stinks of "DON"!!! No one can change their mind on a subject that fast,,, )or contradict themselves),,, without proving themselves wrong!!!

yes really, you talk as if the junkyard is set up like a new car lot...with keys and sht..the few yards I've been in all are like you pick and pull...no test before pull..no test at time of pull..and no test after...so little einstein if there is some way of starting an engine at the junkyard so i can see that it starts, doesn't smoke or have unusual noises to know that it is worth buying please inform me....

Well... most of the sh!tty junkyards in my area... have ways of getting vehicles started. Others have the keys and have them sorted and stored to the point they only need a battery. If a Boneyard isn't willing to figure out how to get an LS started,,, or you can't yourself ... then I wish you luck!!! Either way,,, don't buy an engine you can't hear run!!! Granted,,, it was much easier a few years ago... but the good boneyards leave the vehicles intact until parts ar scavenged enought to the point they can't get them to start.

Bout a year ago... I found a Gen 2 LS with 75K on the odometer, (city driving). Maroon with tan or light brown interior. Included the Nav system. If I wanted to do the re-wire, (harness), I could have converted my "04" to a nav system. Not worth my time for the effort.

Check history huh...you need to read history. How can retaliation be justified when we allowed them to bomb ph in the first place? The ALL party wanted to enter the war because they knew how much money they would make like ww1, Roosevelt didn't because of the depression he didn't believe it would help america. ALL attempted a coup, was exposed and nothing happen but a compromise. How do one compromise with an organization that wants to take over the government to go to war so they can make money, you go to war...thats caving. They knew it was coming, they had intel it was coming and yet they let it happen, why? they perfect excuse to give the american people to enter ww2...wag the dog. Moving forward cuban missile crisis, we didn't go to war with russia and kenndy dies then we go to war in nam ....not caving...you know none of this belongs here...i provided you with information, you research it or stay where you are. as far as corporate america birth...read Unequal Protection: The rise of corporate dominance and theft of human rights by Thom Hartmann

THE SKY IS FALLING---THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!

KS

Canadian income tax doubling in 2017 .... halarious, where was this posted, the Internet?

Wierd, get an error on cellular device when attempting to edit above post.

Typo.

Canadian income tax doubling in 2017 .... halarious, where was this posted, the Internet?
YUP.

Basic Google search:

Federal Personal Income Tax Brackets and Tax Rates
2017 Taxable Income
2017 Marginal Tax Rates 2016 Marginal Tax Rates
over $45,916 up to $91,831 20.5% 10.25%
over $91,831 up to $142,353 26.0% 13.00%
over $142,353 up to $202,800 29.0% 14.50%

canadian tax rates - Google Search

...so little einstein if there is some way of starting an engine at the junkyard so i can see that it starts, doesn't smoke or have unusual noises to know that it is worth buying please inform me....
Yeah... it's called take your own battery, air compressor... and a sh!t ton of jumper wires and tools to the bone yard with you. If you can't figure out how to get the thing to roll over... at least you have an air compressor and a breaker bar to do a leak down test. If you can get the engine to roll over,,, but not start... you might be able to get an accurate compression test. If all tests out properly against known specs,,, then you MAY have found a decent engine.

It's STLL gonna most likely need some parts.

Seriously... if a boneyard doesn't want to help you figure out how to get an engine running... then you need to find a better boneyard. Most of those guys get paid by the hour,,, so they don't give a care if they spend all day in one spot.

My name isn't Albert,,, but I've got your answers. You may not like them... but I've still got your answers. Not all of them will be right... or what you want to hear.

OK... not being mean,,, but you had a good run with your LS. It might be time to face the fact,,, that you could part out the LS you have... and buy another one with the money you make off the parts. THAT... is most likely the harsh and truthful reality.

YUP.

Basic Google search:

2017 Taxable Income

Yup, you are an idiot if you read that and figured it must mean it's doubling.

Learn our canadian tax system before you comment ya dope!

YUP.

Basic Google search:

2017 Taxable Income

This is an example why auto-aggregation is risky. It compares 2016 Capital Gains with 2017 Income. A brief, 5 second, review of the original source shows that the rates are identical between 2016 and 2017 with a marginal bracket escalation.

2017 Taxable Income 2017 Marginal Tax Rates 2016 Marginal Tax Rates

2017 Taxable Income 2017 Marginal Tax Rates 2016 Marginal Tax Rates
over $45,916 up to $91,831,
,2017. 20.5%
2016 10.25%

Really??? Ask ANYONE from hte "old" generation... and they will say that war always helped the U.S. economy. lsmakemecry... you seem to keep changing your ideas,,, and what you are saying.

Joey and Rollin,,, Help... this stinks of "DON"!!! No one can change their mind on a subject that fast,,, )or contradict themselves),,, without proving themselves wrong!!!

I've made the same comments twice...repeated the same words even...so how do you think I'm even close to contradicting myself? Again....A.L.L. PARTY WANTED WAR FOR THEIR POCKETS....ROOSEVELT DID NOT BECAUSE OF THE DEPRESSION...I'm going to help you out...help you get started and as of now I'm done with all thatdont have the time and yall definitely seem to lack the mental.

If the engine is seized, then it's replacement time.
Rebuilding the junkyard engine is not practical. Bottom end parts are very hard to get. Instead, I'd replace a lot of the gaskets and all the cooling system parts.
Got it out and ripped it apart...chain is the immediate problem...cleaning everything up...waiting for new parts....wasn't even close to being as hard as I thought but i realize thats just ta
If the engine is seized, then it's replacement time.
Rebuilding the junkyard engine is not practical. Bottom end parts are very hard to get. Instead, I'd replace a lot of the gaskets and all the cooling system parts.
Hey thanks for the advice...taking it out was to easy at the shop on a full lift....came across someone that works for local dealer and they're selling all ls parts 75% discount to employees for cars 15 yrs and older to make room on shelves..gave him a laundry list of things...bout to lose my mind...lol

NoCry, don't let 04_ get to you, he just needs content to stomp a hole in his soapbox with. Wrong, false, inaccurate info, don't matter to him really.

Ask him about God (actually please don't) and watch it go 16 pages deep with little or no end result achieved.

... just verbal diarrhea really, clearly above you can see its at best false ramblings without facts.

Last edited:
Typo "diarrhea" ... damn tinny cell buttons.

Members online

No members online now.
Back