2002 Lincoln LSE for sale OR parting out

there is no way K and N would lie they would not risk and you could view there testing site it legit, I would never spend $350.00 to here an intake noise, if that's what you wanted just vent your oem airbox

Yeah, if you think bolting on a CAI and a K&N filter is going to yield 20 more HP's you're going to be in for a big surprise.
It's going to sounds better and maybe give you 2-5 HP's more but that's it. You'd need to run a Tune which would be programmed correctly to such an intake before you'd see optimum increases.

Ask anyone on here, many of us have CAI and it doesn't do much.
I've got both an '01 (1st GEN) and a '04 (2nd GEN) w/ Cold Air Intakes and they sound good but that's about all. Butt-Dyno says maybe a couple of HP's but not enough. Think Tune instead.
I think they are truthful, my friend put a 57 series on mustabg gt w/ 4.6 V8 and dyno tested before and after. Had a gain of 17.5 hp....so I believe it

Attachments

• 57-2562_dyno.pdf
    30 KB · Views: 160
You should get one for your LS
... then dyno before and after install.

Clearly you don't believe those that have just pointed out to you that it won't make all that much of a difference.

Im not saying it will but I do believe it makes 16 and thats on a gen 2 with 57 series on a 4700lb car i would think would only change1/4 by .2-.3, its all about flow it doesn't look like they make a actual kit for gen 1 so yeah ill agree thats might be just noise and without a heat shield it mught even lose hp, regardless you have a beautiful ls probably one of the cleanest gen 1 ive seen thx for feedback

Most people don't realize that the advertised HP gain for any mods... is at near redline for the engine. So... Unless you plan on keeping engine revs at 6000+,,, you won't see the full horsepower gain most of the time. CAI,,, Exhaust upgrade,,, and "computer tune"... should be worth an extra 45 horsepower. But again... this is MOSTLY around/above 6000 rpm.

6000rpm if u look at graph is when this engine make its peak horsepower, so the CAI didn't change the rpm when peak hp is created u still have more hp thoroughout the enitre power curve, thats why thesse jag enigines are nice v8's with a 6200 redline is great!

so the CAI didn't change the rpm when peak hp is created

AFAIK... I never said the CAI changed the peak horsepower RPM. I said that the rated max horsepower gain of the CAI wast at near redline. So... as I said before,,, unless you keep the engine at near redline... MOST of the time you will never see the full 15 HP gain of a CAI, (or exhaust upgrade, or computer tune)

Don... that you???

... it doesn't look like they make a actual kit for gen 1 so yeah ill agree thats might be just noise and without a heat shield it mught even lose hp, regardless you have a beautiful ls probably one of the cleanest gen 1 ive seen thx for feedback

Your right K&N does not make a CAI for the 1st GEN, at least none that I ever found. I'll post a pic or two of both my 1st and 2nd GEN CAI's when I get back home.

They are actually listed in the "What did you do to your LS today?" thread but we'd have to dig for those pics in there. Goes back a bit.

I'll find them for you next Monday, I'm on the road for the week.

Thanks for the kudos for sure.

If you olives closer, we would be having a serious conversation.

I'm sure about buying the car since he just totaled his.

I guess no one wants LSE body kit anymore?!...
Nice car... and i love to do an LSE kit. Problem is,,, I have other... more pressing priorities.

Damn!!! Mclaren grille and LSE kit available. Someone could do a very nice custon job with these. Only thing left would be a rear spoiler. Sorry folks... as much as I'd like to,,, Miller Welding has my priorities.

I would be interested in both head lamps, if you are still considering a part out. Love the wheels, but doubt the economics of shipping to PA would make sense.

Members online

No members online now.
Back