15 years ownership 2001 V6 LS. Still running strong.

tireman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After 15 years this car is running good. 191K miles, replaced the a/c compressor this year and a new set of tires and and upper ball joint arm.....my DCCV is acting up again, cold outside and not so warm inside. It needs some exercise to loosen the pistons, else its change out time again. Car is mostly original, the usual repairs have been done, everything works as it should. Change the fan fluid once per year.................paint is still shiny like new, no dents or dings. Just keep running. Happy owner for more than a decade, a few more years and i'll have an antique.:)

good to hear gen 1 running strong. i have a 2002 v8 bought new dec 12 2001. 31980 miles no dings just 1 baby dent i did lifting a can of fruit into the drunk. changed v/c gastkets 1 fuel pump 4 window regs. secondary timing tensioners were new style so didnt have to change them lucky on that. new tires a few months ago. bought all new cooling system parts will put them in in spring. too cold now to do it

I've had my '02 just over 10 years as well. Got it certified and Ford had to replace the engine around 45K, but the '06 long block is doing great. I just replaced the original DCCV, 3rd aux pump since I was in there. I did the same thing, cycle the temp control to try to cycle the valves and it worked well. 2nd set of coils has roughly 160K miles. On its second horn, battery, alternator, and starter. I upgraded the fuel pump. Runs great. Been through a bunch of hub/bearings and degas tanks. 1 driver window regulator, replaced front upper control arms, steering rack, and ball joints. Too much gas, brakes and oil to count. Replaced rotted factory sport chrome 17's with painted sport 17's for winter tires. Rocker panels are rotted out thanks to New England winters, otherwise its still going strong. Nearing 260K

Wow!

good to hear gen 1 running strong. i have a 2002 v8 bought new dec 12 2001. 31980 miles no dings just 1 baby dent i did lifting a can of fruit into the drunk. changed v/c gastkets 1 fuel pump 4 window regs. secondary timing tensioners were new style so didnt have to change them lucky on that. new tires a few months ago. bought all new cooling system parts will put them in in spring. too cold now to do it

Only 31980 miles! Wow fantastic, it must be super clean.:)

Always wanted the V8! The V6 is short on power. Not sure what I'll buy when this car needs to go. Hard to beat the value, even with all the repairs, but once its done, it works right. I replaced the oil pan gaskets but they did not last, so i bought MAGNUM gaskets, wow big fat gaskets, no more leakage into the plug wells.

Nice! I purchased my 2000 in August of 2004 and sold it earlier this year. If you take care of your car, it will take care of you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back