Quest to take back Stock engine KING time!

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, Peeps. Been awhile since posting. As you guys know I hold the N/A stock engine record and held the All around stock engine record ( any power adder) since 2013 when I made 2 passes and got kicked out on the second pass of 11.388 for no rollbar. I have not done ANY poweradder runs since 2013. Someone has been buying built car(10K) and spending huge amounts of money(another 10K) to try and beat me and my $439 dollar car since then. On Oct 8th I got sqeeked out. You know what that means. Time to pull the old girl out of the woods and get it back.

like you I wish I had made better use of and promoted that title while I held it. Here I lost 4 years fixing something we broke. But I still also plan to make a run at that title. Although you both set the bar pretty high. Good luck and I look forward to your results.

Ok just wanted everyone to see 100% stock engine. TB to oil pan. No Cobra intake, No 80 lb injectors , No aftermarket fuel rails, No E85 fuel, No aftermarket fuel lines , No aftermarket Fuel cell
IMG_5785_zpsoadxqoj0.jpg

Ok On oct 2013 I got the stock engine power adder record. I have not been back to track in adder form since then. I got kicked out and they said don't come back till you have rollbar. So I kicked back and waited to be beat. Some people spent 20's of thousands trying and years to beat the $439 bomber. LOL I got news on Oct 8th that someone nipped me. Oct 9th me and wives anniversary can't work on car that day! lol. Now I have till Oct 30 to try and get this back, That's 21 days people. On oct 9th I pull car out of the woods give her a bath and start on the roll bar. I bent up hoop awhile ago so that was cool. I just had to make all other bars , Fishmouth and angle cut and mock up all tubes.
IMG_5647_zpsvhokm93a.jpg

This is all moly so it all had to be Tig'ed in.
IMG_5651_zpsujmjv2oi.jpg

IMG_5660_zps1wceqkgi.jpg

Tig'ed up a nice new moly DS loop I made'
IMG_5710_zpsunxlm5si.jpg

Wanted to be fair and took off the slicks and put on the DOT drag radials so no boo whoing.
IMG_5774_zpsjsalgtso.jpg

Now in those 21 days there are only couple days to go to track, Out of those days it rained 75% of them. I was freaking and glued to weather reports. LOL Off to track
IMG_5763_zpssaft7cxd.jpg

They start racing at 6pm, I get on line at 6:05 drop the hammer and this happens,
IMG_5739_zpsmg2i8s4j.jpg

Car won't move now have to get towed back, My buddy towed me back on trailer. My friend orders a sandwich and we hang out watching racing for hour. I think lets fix her, Boogie to my house get car on my lift knock out 2 axles and replace and back on trailer in 24 minutes. Back to track I go, They close at 10PM get there ar 9 and ready to race .Got in 6 runs and got my fastest time but not record, Better then nothing, All next track days heavy RAIN!!! All but LAST DAY, It rained for 2 days prior, Get to track they say track wet only 1/8 th mile passes till they say its dry, I was not going to run 1/8 because that will not give me record. Ok I will run it and get some run info. Car blasts off and runs super crazy fast 1/8 way way under record. Ok all I have to do now is get full pass in. 2 hours later and waiting on rain some truck slicks down whole right lane, One hour shut down, Clean it up I get my one shot and walk car out to not break axles again and get the record back!!! YES.

DONE
IMG_5766_zpsvjbufmn5.jpg

Pack up get home unload and then the rain hits. WOW. Back in the woods she goes.
IMG_5795_zpsqp1ml24u.jpg

Congratulation. WOW breaking axles. So it looks like you still could even do a little better. I plan to give it another try soon but thats a very low number.

Congratulation. WOW breaking axles. So it looks like you still could even do a little better. I plan to give it another try soon but thats a very low number.
Thanks! I smoked this time big time on a 1/8 mile pass, I mean SMOKED so not alittle better.

2017 will be a fun year. Congrats on the run. Expect the competition to continue. All those things you speak of are needed with my setup. Your intake also has 16 primaries versus my 8. And let's not forget nitrous is super duper cold just like my E85, we're just taking different approaches. My engine is still stock. E85 wouldn't net you any gains with your setup because you're not compressing air with a blower or turbo so don't worry about my corn because I'm not cheating you out of anything. There's a reason I switched to corn and next year I'll test it out with wild timing. You'll need to worry about that and your axles. 11s were fun.... ;)

Frank or Kirk are the tracks still open were you live so that either of you could better your runs ?? I'm still waiting for it to get cold here. But I doubt I will be able to best either of your numbers but I have to try.

Why are you bumping the post, like I haven't read it all? LOL. Yeah I'm subsribed, and yes my email popped at me letting me know you had more to say.

So while we're at it, I guess I'll talk. I was researching some material and it appears MBT is going to be somewhere around 27 degrees of timing on my setup. I'm on 17 degrees now. You better throw some bigger jets in that car is all I gotta say. I should be around 500whp next year with A LOT more tq settled in at around 24-25 degrees. Who's gonna blow up their junk first? ;)

You say the same thing over and over. Less talk more racing. Also my reup was not meant for you it was for all the peeps here. Didn't want them to think I was a bragger when it was just for you.

You say the same thing over and over. Less talk more racing. Also my reup was not meant for you it was for all the peeps here. Didn't want them to think I was a bragger when it was just for you.

You are a bragger though. Oh my 439 dollar car this and that. "Someone has been spending thousands".... yeah, so what. I don't have a car note and spending money makes my wiener hard. Like I said, I pay for my jobs, you do them yourself so I'm not even mad. This is a race for ET, not who spent less money.

Less talk, more jet. You're going to need it. Better work on that weak mph too. Geez, I thought my mph was weak on wide open converter unlocked. And don't take that as an invite to start bringing up all your "back pocket" half passes and fast trap back pocket runs either. Those don't count. 1/4 mile ET broseph. GIT R DONE. Watch those axles....

Well I am impressed with the work and the bang for the buck Frank has gotten out of his Mark. I wish I could get him to help me with mine. And I'm impressed with what you have accomplished with yours also Kirk. I have been thinking about how I might give mine a small shot of NOS off the line. The weather was perfect here last weekend 30 - 50 deg. But the track was closed.

You are a bragger though. Oh my 439 dollar car this and that. "Someone has been spending thousands".... yeah, so what. I don't have a car note and spending money makes my wiener hard. Like I said, I pay for my jobs, you do them yourself so I'm not even mad. This is a race for ET, not who spent less money.

Less talk, more jet. You're going to need it. Better work on that weak mph too. Geez, I thought my mph was weak on wide open converter unlocked. And don't take that as an invite to start bringing up all your "back pocket" half passes and fast trap back pocket runs either. Those don't count. 1/4 mile ET broseph. GIT R DONE. Watch those axles....

See the deal is I do all my own work, so all my accomplishments are mine.(same as Don) I don't live off the laurels of others like you do by having others build your car. I do it, you talk. And also I beat your best mph with a 119.31. Don beat your mph too with NO E85 , no cobra intake , no fuel cell ,no fuel rails , no aftermarket fuel lines, no 80 lb injectors LOL

See the deal is I do all my own work, so all my accomplishments are mine.(same as Don) I don't live off the laurels of others like you do by having others build your car. I do it, you talk. And also I beat your best mph with a 119.31. Don beat your mph too with NO E85 , no cobra intake , no fuel cell ,no fuel rails , no aftermarket fuel lines, no 80 lb injectors LOL

See. You don't listen. Nobody cares about your SLOW 119mph pass. You apparently have memory loss as well. I trapped 119 on wide open converter. I got 3-4 mph on the plate with lockup alone hence that being one of my "tweaks" this year. My car still weighs 3800# and bigger injectors are for more fuel volume, and your gen1 intakes have more primaries. I feel like I'm repeating myself to a 3 year old that can't retain anything that was said.

The bar is going WAAAAY up next year. Watch those axles (in case you missed that one too)

See. You don't listen. Nobody cares about your SLOW 119mph pass. You apparently have memory loss as well. I trapped 119 on wide open converter. I got 3-4 mph on the plate with lockup alone hence that being one of my "tweaks" this year. My car still weighs 3800# and bigger injectors are for more fuel volume, and your gen1 intakes have more primaries. I feel like I'm repeating myself to a 3 year old that can't retain anything that was said.

The bar is going WAAAAY up next year. Watch those axles (in case you missed that one too)
You are 100% right I don't even read your reposts. lol Plus I think the Russians hacked your engine with vodka!

Hello, Peeps. Been awhile since posting. As you guys know I hold the N/A stock engine record and held the All around stock engine record ( any power adder) since 2013 when I made 2 passes and got kicked out on the second pass of 11.388 for no rollbar. I have not done ANY poweradder runs since 2013. Someone has been buying built car(10K) and spending huge amounts of money(another 10K) to try and beat me and my $439 dollar car since then. On Oct 8th I got sqeeked out. You know what that means. Time to pull the old girl out of the woods and get it back.
So what is the NA stock motor record?

Members online

Back