Gen II V8 Sport - replaced rear lateral toe links

Picked up a set of the Lemforder non-passives. I'll add these to the install parts pile if I can ever find new rear lower spring isolators.

Been thinking about the passive rear steer,,, and it makes sense now why I haven't exactly trusted the LS in curves. Something never felt quite right to me. I have pushed the car... waiting for the rear to slide,,, but it never happened. The whole car just slid/drifted to the outside. Personally,,, I have always preferred a vehicle to have a bit of oversteer. If the backend starts to slide,,, I know how to correct that. If the front end starts to plow,,, I know how to correct that too. Neutral handling is a bit un-nerving to me.
Many people forget about tire pressure when it comes to this. That makes a huge difference including the amount of roll during acceleration. Because it's so close to 50/50, increasing tire pressure will make the whole car more responsive and limit the onset of yaw. This is up to a point. Naturally, going too high on the pressure will cause some traction loss. I just raised my pressure up to 45 psi in the rear and the difference is quite substantial. You might not want that on extremely rough pavement though.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Back