To those that think there Mark is good in snow...

Heck I spent a day in Death Valley in 116 degree heat. Actually wasn't that bad, ya just gotta remember to keep drinking water.

You just go from your air conditioned house to your air conditioned car to your air conditioned office... Roads are still good to drive on and your tires stick better when its hot.

You must be kidding, traction control sucks.
First thing I do is turn that chit off.

pats Brandon on the back for the help installing trac loc :)

Agreed.. I like TC on when I'm already moving and not in the drifting mood.. But from a dead stop, TC doesn't even let you try to get moving..

Wow some snow! Michigan hasn't been hit that hard yet.

What the HELL PART OF MICHIGAN ARE YOU FROM!!! We having been getting it non-stop!!!

OK, so I'm TIRED of the white $hit...

First pic is the parts car in the backyard, with my 94 nose to nose with it. The interesting donut shape is the spare tire laying on the hood...

Second is my Previa and Explorer in the main drive, and you can see the wife's 95 Mark in the side drive...

I'm so ready for this crap to melt.....

photo.jpg

IMG_1404b.jpg

LOL.. Good luck. That thing makes my Mark look like a 4X4 in snow.. It's the most worthless thing I've ever driven in winter. You'd think with a mid mount engine and rear drive it would be pretty good... Not quite. But I will say with the engine under your a$$ it does stay warm inside when parked (until the engine cools anyway).

Sorry to bring up an old thread, just looking for tips on driving a Mark VIII in snow. I cleared my car off as I let it warm up, and get to max ride height. Got out of the driveway, then into the ditch :D I have Falken all-season tires, but no traction? Help...

received_1230848196938380.jpg

My thoughts exactly, first thing I did to get it outta my driveway was TC OFF!

Anything rwd i turn off the tc in snow. Hell if i had my choice this car wouldn't come with tc.

I'm with you guys! I find the M8 to be fine in snow! With or without the traction control on.

I do think that the traction control is amazing when on and the car is in motion - it keeps the car from fishtailing, and is fast to react. I have heard that the 2nd Gens traction control works better than 1st Gens, but haven't driven a 1st Gen to compare.

I'm with you guys! I find the M8 to be fine in snow! With or without the traction control on.

I do think that the traction control is amazing when on and the car is in motion - it keeps the car from fishtailing, and is fast to react. I have heard that the 2nd Gens traction control works better than 1st Gens, but haven't driven a 1st Gen to compare.

First Gen traction control is only operational at "low speeds", below 28mph I believe the limit is. Gen 2 has all-speed traction control.

My thoughts exactly, first thing I did to get it outta my driveway was TC OFF!

Anything rwd i turn off the tc in snow. Hell if i had my choice this car wouldn't come with tc.

First Gen traction control is only operational at "low speeds", below 28mph I believe the limit is. Gen 2 has all-speed traction control.

Thanks Soduka, in the 2nd Gen it reacts lightning fast. I don't like to say it, but there have been times that the M8 is faster than me to correct. I notice the traction light on (car still going straight) and the M8 has detected something before I have and fixed it, before I had a chance to react, like it knew it was going to happen.

If you're driving in snow that's not too deep, I think TC can help.

But, if you get really stuck and need wheel spin to "dig" your way out, TC needs to be turned off. Otherwise, the car just bogs down.

Blizzak's.jpg
Yeah get up @12.30am this morning and see a big plow truck stuck in front of my house :eek:

Hear the air brake going all last night so I decide to get outta bed to see what the hell is going on cause I live on a dead end. See a big dump truck spinning tires trying to rock it outta where it plowed itself into. A smaller truck plowed around him so he could get out but he never came back.
Put these on your car and you'll change your mind. M&S on a tire is BS

Next morning the small plow came back but couldn't move the big stuff so he is coming back with a front end loader later. This is what I am stuck with for a Mark VIII to deal with and I DO have some decent M&S tires on the rear so I don't wanna her any of the I can drive fine in my Mark BS :mad:
2011-01-27_08-59-13_578.jpg

The piles are bigger than my damn car!
2011-01-27_09-03-18_824.jpg

Blizzak's.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back