Ya'll good?

trifelife

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't have a LS anymore, but I still like looking at pics of nice ones (every LS on the street seems beat to heck, I'm like "how'd it GET like that??") and just like being exposed to the high level of knowledge over here, So I'm lurking around.

Hope everybody is doing well!

I am still "rollin" the LS. Daily driver now. Looking to pick up another ride. Get the LS back to show quality.

Good old Rollin, First to invite me here and always first to holler when I stop through. Thanks man. I have a 2016 Impala now. Jumped out of the LS when the plastic cooling system parts started going. Did a couple of fixes and still kept getting the false overheats and constantly roaring fan. At the time I was doing 60-70 hours a week and had no time for foolishness. Miss it though. Still looked beautiful and was getting me compliments evey day.

Good old Rollin, First to invite me here and always first to holler when I stop through. Thanks man. I have a 2016 Impala now. Jumped out of the LS when the plastic cooling system parts started going. Did a couple of fixes and still kept getting the false overheats and constantly roaring fan. At the time I was doing 60-70 hours a week and had no time for foolishness. Miss it though. Still looked beautiful and was getting me compliments evey day.

You'll be doing the same on the Impala if you still have it at the same age the LS was.... Maybe sooner...

You'll be doing the same on the Impala if you still have it at the same age the LS was.... Maybe sooner...

Right, and depending on the circumstances I'll have some choices to make. Just like this time. Certainly not bashing the LS and it's too early to praise the Impala, but I like the cars and they have had a few generations on this new body style. Been driving older vehicles for a while, including two LS's back to back. Been wanting to drive something current with all the bells and whistles.

Right, and depending on the circumstances I'll have some choices to make. Just like this time. Certainly not bashing the LS and it's too early to praise the Impala, but I like the cars and they have had a few generations on this new body style. Been driving older vehicles for a while, including two LS's back to back. Been wanting to drive something current with all the bells and whistles.

Bells and whistles and good looking yet still a FWD appliance... Not knocking your choice, just sayin'..

I'd hate to hear you knock it then. Didn't take long to remind me why I stopped coming here. The great guys are outnumbered by folks who feel duty bound to be rude and negative. I'm not some dummy who has never contributed here coming in asking questions that have been answered a million times or dumping on the LS.

I'd hate to hear you knock it then. Didn't take long to remind me why I stopped coming here. The great guys are outnumbered by folks who feel duty bound to be rude and negative. I'm not some dummy who has never contributed here coming in asking questions that have been answered a million times or dumping on the LS.

Don't take it personally. Lincoln makes some VERY nice looking cars! I grew up driving RWD cars and bought into the FWD thing when we moved to an area that got snow. I learned that FWD superiority in the snow was a myth and the real reason for the FWD "revolution" was ease of manufacture. I spent more time sliding in the FWD Chrysler (K-Car) we had than any of the RWDers we had. If I didn't care about doing my own maintenance or repairs and taking corners with "authority" engine orientation and weight distribution wouldn't mean anything... to ME. THANKFULLY we are all different and different things appeal to each of us. I've just seen too much of Ford taking the cheap way out and selling gussied-up Ford's as Lincoln's. Lexus does the same with the Camry and ES3XX. Ford had the chance to take Lincoln the way GM took Cadillac, but, IMHO, cheaped out (yes, I know the financial situation).

The Impala is a very nice cruiser that gets excellent MPG, considering it's size. I had one as a rental a couple/3 years ago. I was thoroughly impressed! I hope you enjoy yours!!!

I'd love nothing more than an updated LS. I do not like the looks of any of the current vehicles, although the seem incredibly well appointed and luxurious. The LS definitely dispelled the myths about rwd being inferior in the winter. In Dallas we tend to get ice storms more than snow and I had no issues.

I had real worries about finding something I'd like style wise after the LS. Never cared for any Impala, but the redesign got me and I immediately had a vision for what I could do with it. I'm definitely a cruiser, I've never even accelerated hard in it. But I did opt for the V6 :). Because of how I drive, I haven't had any strange feelings going from rwd to fwd, despite my last 3 cars being rwd. I got 30 mpg last time I checked, and keep forgetting that premium isn't required. It's a flex fuel vehicle too but I haven't used any. Anyway, I hope all of our cars last forever! lol Hope you guys have great holidays coming up.

D.View attachment 828476806View attachment 828476806 DSC03134.jpg

DSC03134.jpg

elevated side.jpg

I'd love nothing more than an updated LS. I do not like the looks of any of the current vehicles, although the seem incredibly well appointed and luxurious. The LS definitely dispelled the myths about rwd being inferior in the winter. In Dallas we tend to get ice storms more than snow and I had no issues.

I had real worries about finding something I'd like style wise after the LS. Never cared for any Impala, but the redesign got me and I immediately had a vision for what I could do with it. I'm definitely a cruiser, I've never even accelerated hard in it. But I did opt for the V6 :). Because of how I drive, I haven't had any strange feelings going from rwd to fwd, despite my last 3 cars being rwd. I got 30 mpg last time I checked, and keep forgetting that premium isn't required. It's a flex fuel vehicle too but I haven't used any. Anyway, I hope all of our cars last forever! lol Hope you guys have great holidays coming up.

D.View attachment 828476806View attachment 828476806View attachment 828476808

Lookin' good!!!!!

Thumbs-Up.jpg

Thumbs-Up.jpg

I will say that the current get impala is definitely the best looking ones by as long shot. just wished it shared a little more under the skirt with the SS. hell even the CTS/ATS.

I will say that the current get impala is definitely the best looking ones by as long shot. just wished it shared a little more under the skirt with the SS. hell even the CTS/ATS.

I do like the SS. But I read that it has been a terrible seller. People are hoping they'll do a SS version of the Impala with more power. The 305 hp V6 allows me to merge confidently enough lol.

I do like the SS. But I read that it has been a terrible seller.

it really was... but its poor selling had noting to do with it not being a great car, like the LS it received poor/no marketing... people didn't understand why it cost so much, but with every one being fully loaded with almost no options pretty much them one single price. also Chevy extremely limited how many they built and only dealerships that met certain a amount of Corvette sales could get some. also didn't help that you could only get an automatic up until last year... heck they made less SS's per year than they did with just the GXP subclass before them.

hell of a deal for a 4 door corvette family mover. and quite the bargain for a slight calmed down CTS-V at $20k less.

I guess I'll slip into my "politcally correct" mode.. and say congrats on your new ride,,, but it almost seems like a left handed approach.

If 5-8 years from now... you become disenchanted with your Impala due to the plastic parts in it's cooling system,,, are you going to buy a Dodge/Chrysler... and then go back to the Chevy form and say: "hey look what I got!"... and "I like it better than the Chevy. To bad Chevy F#$Ked up. ???

If you want a new version of the LS... you can get one,,, but it will cost you as much as the LS did back in it's day. It's called the Jaguar XE turbo V6.... and you get AWD to boot.

Excuse me while I go join the Maserati forum... then go back to the Ferrari forum and tell them I left but came back to say that the Ferrari 308 I had years ago doesn't compare to the Maserati Ghibli I have now.

Get my point??? And you wonder why people seem rude to you???

I guess I'll slip into my "politcally correct" mode.. and say congrats on your new ride,,, but it almost seems like a left handed approach.

If 5-8 years from now... you become disenchanted with your Impala due to the plastic parts in it's cooling system,,, are you going to buy a Dodge/Chrysler... and then go back to the Chevy form and say: "hey look what I got!"... and "I like it better than the Chevy. To bad Chevy F#$Ked up. ???

If you want a new version of the LS... you can get one,,, but it will cost you as much as the LS did back in it's day. It's called the Jaguar XE turbo V6.... and you get AWD to boot.

Excuse me while I go join the Maserati forum... then go back to the Ferrari forum and tell them I left but came back to say that the Ferrari 308 I had years ago doesn't compare to the Maserati Ghibli I have now.

Get my point??? And you wonder why people seem rude to you???

If that's the way you took my post, you clearly never interacted with me when I was here and need to take words at face value rather than responding after they have been filtered through your own hang ups. A doggone Chevrolet that anyone with a 600 credit score can get is certainly nothing to come bragging about and I didn't. Not everybody you encounter on the internet is a maladjusted jerk. Comparing any 2016 vehicle to a 2006 is apples to oranges and pointless. That's why I didn't do it. I've been around long enough to have read through hundreds of posts about the cooling system. I talked about it because it's relatable to members here. We talk about the LS here. The parts are what they are, I didn't make something up to slander the vehicle. You need to read my post again and work through whatever hangups YOU have with the LS, I don't have any.

No hang ups... I like my LS and actually enjoy working on it, (most of the time), when it needs repair, (which hasn't been very often). And maybe I deserve the response you returned to me. I apologize. But if you can't see how your comments are slightly "left handed",,, then ??? Glad you got someting affordable and reliable.

All good, man. When people would see my LS, every single time they would ask "are these good cars? I hear they have a lot of problems". I'd always let them know it was me second one in a row, and I only got rid of the first one because I wanted a newer one. I'm definitely in the fan camp of the LS.

Money no object I'd be looking at an Audi A8 or the new 7 series BMW.

I know I'm late to the game but sweet bro.....you got her slick for real with them 22s. I'm not usually a fan of black rims on cars, actually I hate it but to each his own. The way you have this one set up though looks bad ass. I also like the new Implas. Though I admittedly bought a '16 Lincoln MKZ in Platinum Dune Metallic and I want to put shoes on her but it's a lease and the 19s do her just fine so im content. Congrats on the new purchase...hope you get another LS just to have though....pretty cheap to acquire these days unless you're looking for a low mileage '06 which are alot higher

I know I'm late to the game but sweet bro.....you got her slick for real with them 22s. I'm not usually a fan of black rims on cars, actually I hate it but to each his own. The way you have this one set up though looks bad ass. I also like the new Implas. Though I admittedly bought a '16 Lincoln MKZ in Platinum Dune Metallic and I want to put shoes on her but it's a lease and the 19s do her just fine so im content. Congrats on the new purchase...hope you get another LS just to have though....pretty cheap to acquire these days unless you're looking for a low mileage '06 which are alot higher

I've always wanted a black LS, but could never find an 06. If one ever pops up while I have the cash, I'm definitely getting it.

Hey trifelife, its been a while. Nice new ride, nothing wrong with change, getting something new. Don't think I could get rid of my ls, getting an additional car I could do.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Quote Trifelife:

"All good, man. When people would see my LS, every single time they would ask "are these good cars? I hear they have a lot of problems". I'd always let them know it was me second one in a row, and I only got rid of the first one because I wanted a newer one. I'm definitely in the fan camp of the LS."

Yeah... A few months back I had a co-worker ask me about my LS,,, because he was looking at one and considering buying it. He asked me my opinion... and I told him about Jag affiliation and the LS "quirks". I also told him that parts weren't cheap,,, even if he knew how to do the work. I don't think he ended up buying the LS... even though he didn't seem convinced by me.

It's not so much that the LS has a lot of problems... just that they aren't easy or cheap to fix. One thing I can say about the LS... if you can afford the parts,,, the LS will turn you into a good mechanic.

Hey trifelife, its been a while. Nice new ride, nothing wrong with change, getting something new. Don't think I could get rid of my ls, getting an additional car I could do.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Hey Alax, happy holidays man. I will have another LS. That car is great in a lot of ways.

Members online

No members online now.
Back