Highway Steering Wheel Vibration

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
This seems to be another common issue as Ive seen a lot of threads on it but haven't seen anyone mention a solid fix?

Pretty decent vibration in the steering wheel that starts at 55mph and is gone by 75mph.

I have 48k miles on the original suspension, last owner put new tires on. Im thinking of starting with a force balance for $90 at the dealer. I have fresh rotors even though that doesnt matter since I dont have to be on the brakes.

Whole front suspension is tight looks like I have newer upper arms, bushings look good on lowers as well. I know endlinks dont cause vibrations. My experience so far is that unbalanced tires have been the only thing to cause vibration although it usually doesnt matter what speed youre going.

I had this same issue start on my 04 when the struts started to sound like crap. I knew they were shot but sold before I could change them.

With that said Im looking to replace the front struts and do an alignment with the force balance.

Not looking to spend to much since I just spent 1k on coils and plumbing.

I know they are most likely discontinued so perhaps monroe sensa tracs? Had them once and werent bad. Just DDing.

Have the tires balanced and checked for roundness and trueness of wheels. The LS is very sensitive to slight unbalance in tires. Been there....suffered that! One half ounce was all they said it took to fix my LS down in FL when it developed a slight bobble at about 60 or 70. don-ohio :)^)

i'd start with the easy option, which is getting your tires rebalanced. if that
doesn't work, maybe tie rod ends ( inner and outer ) would be my next stop.

I agree with having them road-force balanced. That takes care of both balance and roundness.

Members online

No members online now.
Back