Knowledge on water pumps

grizzlyls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So with the timing chain swap in dec, mech says I might as well do pump too. makes sense since they are not to pricey. Just wondering what you can share, metal vs 'plastic' impeller, oem or high quality after marker (thinking gates).

Thanks all

When Jaguar was in process of winding down their North American road race program I acquired some parts from them. At that time I got a water pump as a spare. It has, I'm sure, a metal impeller. That's surely the way I'd go if I were to be buying one. The cars in the program ran in both the 'Petit Le Mans' race and also went to France for the 24 Hours.

KS

i put in a metal impeller unit when i switched pumps a month or so ago. the plastic impellar
looked less than ideal when i took a look at it, so i just took a chance and ordered the metal
unit. time will tell if it was a mistake or not. water pump swap is easy peasy on these cars,
so i guess i'll have to be ready to replace it if something happens.

Joe, thats the back and forth I have seen in most places. Christophers offers the metal jag, for a slightly higher price, but I am thinking I dont want to go metal due to the concerns I have read. Anyone know who makes Fords OEM by chance?

Lol, I just stumbled on listing for an electric auxiliary water pump! Gen 1, whats that about?

Lol, I just stumbled on listing for an electric auxiliary water pump! Gen 1, whats that about?

All LS V8 have an aux electric water pump. It's mostly for the heater at low RPMs, but also is supposed to help with engine cool down after shutdown.

Members online

No members online now.
Back