What Fuel Pump to Put in a Gen2 Mark Viii

Lazer LSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 LSC, need a new fuel pump kit. I have read numerous threads with conflictng details, so I posted a new live thread to get some present day feedback on this.

Anyone experiencing any issues with walbro 255lph ? Any noise ??? Does it fit ? Will it work in the long run and be reliable ?
What is the exact part number for the walbro for 98 gen 2 ?? There is a write up but does not state part number on it, i know there is a gss342 , but are there diffrent variations of the 342 ???

I need a new pump, my pump is at 20psi, and I need a new one,Let me know, if you know... THANKS !!!

I have the aeromotive 340 LPH pump in my 98. I had to go to the junk yard and get a different hump for the pump hat. Others than that it was simple swap. No wire cutting, swapped the pins in the pump connector. I did drill a few holes in the pump assembly. I have pis on here somewhere.

Du

green top ?

The link says its not compatible with my car, I have heard SO many conflicting opinions and info regarding the fuel pumps.

1. A lot of people say to go with the wallbro gss342 255 lph pump. A lot of people say its way too loud, and it does not perform well in the long run and its not reliable. ???? Others swear by them.. What do you guys know about this pump ??? Is it annoying and loud with a stock exhaust ??????

2. SVT focus pump.... I hear when turning right it stalls the car , because the fuel basket is empty.

3. I called Steeda .... the guy told me to buy a Carter or Spectra pump at Rock Auto, I cant find anyone on the forums who have used these, so I dont know if theyre good and reliable ???? What do you guys know about these pumps ?????

Does the focus pump entire assembly fit in the GEN 2 ??? or just the pump itself ???? I am perplexed, I want to do this one time, not twice ........ Let me know what you all know about this....

Thanks

Members online

Back