Can't get the 12volt assecory outlet [POWERPOINT] to work ...LS '02

BlacksonAudio

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
the i bought the car the cigar lighter wasn't working so i used the outlet in the center console. Then 2 days ago it stopped working. So i came here and found the fuse location of the cigar lighter and changed it, viola, it works!! But i rather use the 12 volt in the center for charging phone, iPad for kids so i researched and found the location is#10 in the spare tire well with a 20 amp fuse. But that fuse isn't blown. So where do i start now? Any and all help will be great.
Btw, For those that helped me with my cooling issue a few weeks back. Here's an update... So this weekend the car ran hot AGAIN after replacing the fans, actuator, hose... BUT i remembered the coolant cap wasn't "clicking". So i went and bought a motor craft replacement from Bennet auto parts and added the motor craft gold. Car hasn't ran hot... and i've put 600 city and highway miles since.
But again, the 12 volt outlet... any help or direction?

... the coolant cap wasn't "clicking". So i went and bought a motor craft replacement from Bennet auto parts and added the motor craft gold. Car hasn't ran hot...

Wait til WrongDon reads this ... his theory blown out of the water once again. Another little tidbit, there have been plenty of guys in the past complain about the Dorman bottles not sealing properly at the cap due to the thread design, every single time it was replaced with an OEM Ford bottle and cap and overheating seized to occur. There is a very valid reason why that cap needs to be tight and capable of venting off anything past 16 psi ... many understand this, one does not. Good for you on the fix, system needs to run pressurized as design intended and within the closed looped system it can not get any air mixed in with it.

With respect to your 12 volt outlet not working and the fuse being good, I'd imagine you'd have to start thinking about pulling the console back and have a look at the wiring going to the adaptor connector. Potentially something ran hot and melted a wire loose or something. Won't know until you look at it from behind.

GLWR

Wrong again, BR! Your comprehension just never improves,even a little bit.LOL!
That guy AIN'T running a 60/40 mix...............so yeah,he's boiling with no pressure!
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know THAT! don-ohio :)^)

BR's eggs erroneous again quote:`Wait til WrongDon reads this ... his theory blown out of the water once again.'

And you were explained some time ago that the differance between 60/40 and 50/50 boiling point is 3F

LOL :)^) ... wait!!! You actually wake up every morning this dumb?

Do us all a favor and beat it

Another eggs erroneous mistake by yourself,BR..............it's at least 6 or 7 degrees unpressurized.What did you do? Look at a chart showing WEIGHT % instead of VOLUME % ? ......LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Engineering toolbox shows 7 degree difference, but the link won't pull up. don-ohio :)^)

But, 60/40 transfers less heat than 50/50, at least that's the conventional wisdom.
Don, you really need to get a job as an engineer at a major auto company so that you can set everyone that has been doing it wrong for a hundred years or so straight.

60/40 transfers heat just fine,Joe..............YOU well know a person can go to 70/30% and still achieve cooling with no problems(sure,the fan may run a little more). On the other hand,do you want to let some person boil bubbles into their system while running down the road,or idling?
As was just shown,JUST a FAILED pressure cap can cause this boiling at or below 50/50(he was probably below 50/50). Why not go 60/40 AND run the pressure cap? It won't boil THEN.
BUT, You're still gonna blow the older,weak plastic though with the 16 psi or MORE if it sticks.
Point is,if people want to run pressure,they should at least go to 60/40. don-ohio :)^)

You really, truly just don't understand any of this do you...

Also,to add to the benefit of 60/40.......................your freezing point plummets to around 60 below zero F.
That beats 34 below by a huge margin.
don-ohio :)^)

You really,truly are too stubborn to admit when you are mistaken, Joe. You keep forgetting.......I DO this.....I RUN this in every vehicle and have for many years and many,many miles. You are even afraid to try it.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

QUOTE Joe: `You really, truly just don't understand any of this do you... '

I respectfully decline the invitation to join your hallucination.

Okay,Joe! You just keep buying and recommending others to buy DE-GAS bottles and ENTIRE sets of plastic cooling parts. No WONDER someone thought you guys were getting a commission from Ford/Motorcraft. LOL! don-ohio :)^)

My wife's got the 03 LS on the road right now for a hundred mile trip that I have NO worries about blowing cooling parts and losing coolant. don-ohio :)^)

Just remember in YOUR ase,LS4, the Ignore leads to spelling the root word for IGNOR-ANCE. LOL! don-ohio :)^)

I'm just wondering if any further overheating or can't bleed properly new threads and questions should be dealt with by WrongDon alone. Perhaps all would prefer to be misled by this tool.

Members online

No members online now.
Back