HELP 1993-96 Headlight improvment options ?????

Don Pfau

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
With so many aftermarket options now day does anybody know first hand of a cost effective way to improve the std headlights ????

Don,

Take the headlights apart by putting them in the oven @ 250 degrees for 5 minutes. This will get the adhesive loose. Go to any auto part store and buy trim brite. It's chrome tape. Redo the buckets, reseal, and contact Jay for a plug and play HID kit. I did this with my 93 and was very happy with the results. In my opinion, this is the most hassle free way to do it.

Both the headlights were NOS but someone backed into it at the shop and broke the passengers side headlight. Of course thats the one you can not find new anymore. Are the 96 HID's that much better ?? And if so can you still buy a set ?? Driller on LOD suggested HIR bulbs ?? I have considered driving lights and I was even thinking of how to install them in the bumper.

Hid lenses are that much better
It's the only way to go and they look better.
Markviiiedrea may still have some for sale but their not cheap.

Hid lenses are that much better
It's the only way to go and they look better.
Markviiiedrea may still have some for sale but their not cheap.

I have 2 sets of hid housings out of 96 marks, they need work but could be cleaned up with some effort, along with one set of oem ballasts and hid bulbs-and i have a bunch of regular, fluted housings (probably 6 or 7 sets) that also are decent shape but would have to be restored. PM me if you are interested, I could photograph what I have and it could be worked out if you have paypal.

Members online

No members online now.
Back